Unbranded Unlocked phones

dragonstar101

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know where to post, so if I am posting on wrong forum correct me.

Are there any problems with firmware updates if you buy unbranded unlocked phones??

bor42

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, quite the opposite, if you buy unbranded phones you will get updates quicker because you won't have to wait for the bureaucrat to press the "allow" button in some providers office.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, quite the opposite, if you buy unbranded phones you will get updates quicker because you won't have to wait for the bureaucrat to press the "allow" button in some providers office.

This is incorrect. Currently, unbranded lumias are getting OS and firmware updates last.

bor42

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Really? I just got firmware update OTA on an unbranded phone on the same day as others. Anyway, I'm sure that when ATT, Vodafone, etc. grow tired of approving updates you will still get updates on unbranded handsets.

Last edited:

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Really? I just got firmware update OTA on an unbranded phone on the same day as others. Anyway, I'm sure that when ATT, Vodafone, etc. grow tired of approving updates you will still get updates on unbranded handsets.

Portico was rolled out to AT&T users in December. Everyone else got it in March. 1308 was rolled out on 3/27 to AT&T, then retracted, it just started rolling out to everyone else yesterday.

bor42

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, so first they push updates to ATT and then to others?
I have experience with HTC and WP7 when I was year and a half behind with updates. Yeah....branded phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6