Lumia 520 Sonicwall Firewall Issue with WiFi

Kiran Shinde

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello, recently i have purchased Lumia 520 windows 8 mobile phone.
At my office i am able to find and connect my office Wi-Fi, but to browse internet site phone asks to login to local sonicwall firewall(same way how i used to connect our pc to internet at office) When i try to login my sonicwall firewall site after submiting my credentials i get following error message

"Message from webpage"
"Failed to open the SonicWALL user status window"
"To get access you will need to ensure that pop-ups are not blocked for '192.168.100.4' "

And i am not able to browse internet! the other android users can connect to firewall without any issue, in normal case when you log in to sonicwall a popup window comes which displays login status information, but as popups are not allowed in my windows phone 8 , i am not able to login and see the status window.
I have also confirmed from phones IE settings that there is no way to activate popup, i have also tried another supported browsers like UC browser, MiniBrowser etc but no use.
Does any body faced same issue? or does any body knows how to connect to sonicwall firewall based Wi-Fi in windows phone?

Thanks in advance.
Kiran.

Last edited:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems that you have answered your own question. There isn't a setting to enable/disable pop-ups in Internet explorer on the phone.

You mention using Opera, but Opera isn't available for Windows Phone.

Kiran Shinde

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
Yes i know that we can't enable popup in IE of WP8, but is there any way connect to sonicwall firewall based Wi-Fi in windows phone? has any body faced same issue or if any alternative for this?

Kiran.

Kalidas Halder

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have also found same problem in my Nokia Lumia 520 windows phone.

I do not able to open the pop up block when I am trying to connect Wi Fi through Sonic Wall login.

Please help... In this reason I could not install a language pack.:cry:

aani rani

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
After showing the message given
below Failed to open the SonicWALL user status window"
"To get access you will need to ensure that pop-ups are not blocked for '192.168.100.4
Open a new tab and enter the URL " 192.168.100.4/dynloginstatus.html " and press go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos