OTA updates?

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
My friend who stays in india got Lumia 820 from Dubai,which will likely have different RM number than what indian Lumia 820 has (Indian has RM-826),and since firmware updates depends on RM (since all indian version got 1308.001 unlike other) will he get any ota updates in India?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It don't matter what country you are in because the updates are applied to the phones product code which identifies what region and or network the phone belongs to. So, if the phone has a product code that identifies it as an unbranded UAE device but it's being used in India it will receive updates as soon as they are released for UAE unbranded handsets.

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
It don't matter what country you are in because the updates are applied to the phones product code which identifies what region and or network the phone belongs to. So, if the phone has a product code that identifies it as an unbranded UAE device but it's being used in India it will receive updates as soon as they are released for UAE unbranded handsets.

Okay thanks :D

weim76

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a somewhat similar issue. I am from Malaysia, using L820. Few months ago, my phone was sent it for repair and they replaced the motherboard with a UK variant (due to shortage of spares). While my fellow countrymen have been getting OTA updates to firmware 1308, I am still stuck with pre-Portico. Checking manually from 'settings > phone updates' does not help either. Anyone of you from UK who still has not got OTA Portico updates on your unbranded phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss