Who has performed a hard-reset without bricking the WP8 device?

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
As it stands right now, my wallet app is not working due to a bug in wp8. I am not able to purchase apps directly from my phone. It all started when I deleted and added new Barclays Visa credit card on commerce.microsoft.com.

I am thinking of doing a hard-reset but I am afraid to brick my Lumia 920. The warranty is not covered where I am right now as I bought mine in the UK but I moved somewhere else already.

I want to know who and how many have had a successful hard-reset as it is the only way to fix the wallet problem.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with wallet, but I can tell you I hard reset all of my phones frequently for sanity.

I have heard of some problem resetting the 920 but I paid no attention to that seeing that I don't have one... so I'm going to let somebody who knows step in here.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Where did you buy your phones?

I will eventually do a hard-reset but that is until I buy a back-up Lumia 520.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've done it to my 8X. Those gears spin for a while, enough to make me start to get nervous, but it should work. Make sure your stuff is backed up before resetting.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Where did you buy your phones?

I will eventually do a hard-reset but that is until I buy a back-up Lumia 520.

I see what you're trying to do. You're trying to poll us to see if your phone would brick as well. But there is no way to tell. It does not matter where or when you bought your phone or what batch number it is. There's nothing you can do. Hard reset and hope for the best.

I have heard that bricking is caused by low free space on the phone. Cannot confirm this 100% though.

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Twice I did the factory reset on my 820. Fast and no problems.

One tip that I give you: take your SIM and your microSD (if supported) OUT before the reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett