04-28-2013 10:00 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    I don't think you will see anyone attempt to re-skin WP via app. It may be possible with some dirty work arounds, but you wont see people wanting to have an entire UX app in the background while they're using regular apps, then have to hold back every time to get to the "home screen". No one would be so foolish.

Now to suggest there is no use for grouping apps is absurd. Some people don't like to use one app for a given thing, like music. If you don't need the functionality of the live tile but want to have options available, you then have to pin however many apps you'd like to use on a regular basis to your start. There have been numerous complaints about this as far back as I remember. There was an app created to do this, but it was un-official and had to be side loaded. You seem to think that to take a step backward in organization that has been around for 30 years for the sake of some User Interface rules is not only fine, but warranted. I don't consider the idea of using groups, but Windows Phone isn't just for me. It's supposed to be accessible from scratch. I feel it is a basic but necessary feature for the every man. You say that I've missed the point about the Device Center being to Un-Metro when I give a clear example of how to make it more like the Metro interface. Interesting.

The point is we shouldn't need a concept artist to dream up these features that our phones should already have. Instead, we argue over whether or not something is Metro enough. It's not a cardinal sin that can't be washed away. It's just disappointing, like when your dog pees on the carpet. You don't hate your dog! You wont throw it away! You just wish he would have learned to bark and paw the back door when he had to go. Maybe next time he'll know that trick. That's all.
    I get your point regarding grouping apps, but how many group categories do you think there should be?

Furthermore, would there still be a need for the A-Z?
    04-28-2013 09:08 PM
    I get your point regarding grouping apps, but how many group categories do you think there should be?

Furthermore, would there still be a need for the A-Z?
    I can understand some people may want categorization for apps kind of like on Windows 8, but I'm not sure how they would implement it.

I definitely wouldn't do app hubs. That seems counter productive and would take longer to get to an app than just using the alpha list.
    Dazzi likes this.
    04-28-2013 09:23 PM
    I don't think you will see anyone attempt to re-skin WP via app. It may be possible with some dirty work arounds, but you wont see people wanting to have an entire UX app in the background while they're using regular apps, then have to hold back every time to get to the "home screen". No one would be so foolish.

Now to suggest there is no use for grouping apps is absurd. Some people don't like to use one app for a given thing, like music. If you don't need the functionality of the live tile but want to have options available, you then have to pin however many apps you'd like to use on a regular basis to your start. There have been numerous complaints about this as far back as I remember. There was an app created to do this, but it was un-official and had to be side loaded. You seem to think that to take a step backward in organization that has been around for 30 years for the sake of some User Interface rules is not only fine, but warranted. I don't consider the idea of using groups, but Windows Phone isn't just for me. It's supposed to be accessible from scratch. I feel it is a basic but necessary feature for the every man. You say that I've missed the point about the Device Center being to Un-Metro when I give a clear example of how to make it more like the Metro interface. Interesting.

The point is we shouldn't need a concept artist to dream up these features that our phones should already have. Instead, we argue over whether or not something is Metro enough. It's not a cardinal sin that can't be washed away. It's just disappointing, like when your dog pees on the carpet. You don't hate your dog! You wont throw it away! You just wish he would have learned to bark and paw the back door when he had to go. Maybe next time he'll know that trick. That's all.
    I'd much rather not have features then too have them executed poorly like the concept in the OP. This isn't Android. If I wanted a disorganized, Hodge podge UI, I'd be on Android.

And I don't what the heck you are talking about, categorized apps have not been around for 30 years.

In fact, Windows 8 is the first OS I've seen that has real custom categorization for applications.

The point is Windows Phone has plenty of awesome, unique features that other smartphone OSes don't have, so it doesn't have some features they have. Don't like it? GTFO
    04-28-2013 09:27 PM
    Ok I'm,going to request to,close this topic its causing to many arguments. Also I learned more than ever, everyone has a strong opinion. Yours is different than mine. I don't find this cluttered whatsoever.
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    04-28-2013 09:52 PM
    Thread closed OP Request.
    04-28-2013 10:00 PM
80 ... 234