WP8 Blue Concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

agm353

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw that. It's amazing. I feel like if Microsoft really wants WP to win and take that #1 spot, they need to do something like this.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty badass. Normally don't comment on stuff like this, but I approve, for what its worth. It will take time before these little things catch on, though 😞

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's way too much like Android for my taste. I mean, it takes way too many cues from Android. Especially the device manager.

6 columns of small tiles is overkill on a Lumia 620. I'd rather have an option to either have the current layout or 3 medium tiles without the option to use small tiles. The concept is fine on a 4.5"+ device, though.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
There are a few visual styles that are clearly close to Android, but I think the message has gotten across. Microsoft can implement these features in an attractive way, and without being a ripoff of other systems.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The first half of the phone in the first photo looked like the One X, but I really love all of the concepts! As I said before...Simplicity doesn't have to mean absent. There are basic functions of WP that should have been implemented long before now, and hopefully Microsoft has gotten all of our threads and messages and will implement a seamless simplistic interface with kick a** functionality! Only time will tell... :)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
6 columns of small tiles is overkill on a Lumia 620. I'd rather have an option to either have the current layout or 3 medium tiles without the option to use small tiles. The concept is fine on a 4.5"+ device, though.
The concept is riffing off the rumour that 1080p devices – which will invariably be close to or over 5.0" – will get an option for a third column of tiles. Two will definitely still be available.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The concept is riffing off the rumour that 1080p devices ? which will invariably be close to or over 5.0" ? will get an option for a third column of tiles. Two will definitely still be available.

I really loved the Facebook concept too! Matter of fact, that's how Facebook should look on every device: smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.

Please guys if you like any concept that they do, please tweet it and show your support...that's how changes are made when demand is present!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I like this concept quite a lot. I don't like the name 'Device Center' ... I'd prefer something different along the lines of message or notification or whatever but device doesn't ring true to me for some reason. The only thing I am quite happy with how it is right now is the start screen. I actually prefer the current start screen to the one in the concept. My 2 cents...

dandiar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think that the "device center" should not be accessible by swiping left from any app. It would conflict with 99% of the apps and games. I feel it should be an app that's integrated into WP8, so that we could put it as a live tile on the start screen for easy access. Maybe switching the voice command to the search button instead and accessing the device center by long-pressing the start button would be better.

At least that's what i personally feel 😁

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that phone is gorgeous! The concept is even better! I don't like the "device center" being a left swipe from any app. Most apps have their own interfaces swiping left. There has to be another way. But I like the four types of live tiles. However, I feel like in Blue all Live Tiles need to update in real-time, especially if a notification center is coming.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Clutter.

Only thing I like is - start up with intro to how WP works.

That's the great thing about windows phone though that we all enjoy, is customization. Personally I like the dev center and wish I had a GS4 sized phone that would look great with all those tiles. Personally everything is near perfect for me within' the concept. The only thing I would like as others stated is a TILE for the device center, not swipe from left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb