Hi,
    I am Android user and been waiting for my Lumia 720 phone and ready to switch to WP. I am still using gmail and other account. Just wondering when I get my WP phone, can I still use them (gmail and others account)? I heard that Google won't support email in WP.
    I also already signed up with Outlook email, am I able to maintain these 3 email accounts in WP 8?
    Thank you
    04-25-2013 11:39 PM
    For now, you can still sync google contacts, mail, and calendar on windows phone. I have my google account linked on my 920 and have had it since I started using the phone. As a way to future proof yourself you can have Gmail messages pushed to outlook.
    04-25-2013 11:58 PM
    For now, you can still sync google contacts, mail, and calendar on windows phone. I have my google account linked on my 920 and have had it since I started using the phone. As a way to future proof yourself you can have Gmail messages pushed to outlook.
    Thanks mate, I am more concern on gmail. It probably takes time for me to switch all into outlook. How did you push gmail messages to Outlook?
    If I do that, does the receiver see my email address as gmail or outlook?
    04-26-2013 12:16 AM
    Thanks mate, I am more concern on gmail. It probably takes time for me to switch all into outlook. How did you push gmail messages to Outlook?
    If I do that, does the receiver see my email address as gmail or outlook?
    Donīt worry about mail. Just use the IMAP protocol on gmail to keep everything in sync. Your gmail account on the web (webmail), outlook and windows phone.

Check this Get started with IMAP and POP3 - Gmail Help

What you heard, is that Google wonīt sync with microsoftīs contacts and calendar protocol (activesync) from June 2013 onwards. The truth is that it will continue doing it, but only for people that pay "Google Apps".

Anyway, Microsoft "promised" to adapt Outlook to match the protocols used by google. Who know when this will happen, donīt rely on this. I donīt know if it will adapt windows phone.

To sum up: donīt worry about mail, it will work perfectly.

In my case, I use gmail IMAP only for mail, and I manage contacts and calendar with outlook (desktop software) and a Exchange Online account (which can be kind of replaced with windows live account / outlook.com account -web version-).
    04-26-2013 10:46 AM
    Coming from Android, I am too addicted to Gmail (and still using it on my PC). I have my Lumia 920 for a couple of days now and the harder for me so far is that i miss Facebook, Instagram and Gmail apps. Facebook app is rough, Instagram and Gamil don't even exist (at least for now).
    Does anyone knows how can I choose the email address I want to use for a reply when I have several account aggregated into one? Gmail allows to do that...
    Despite that, I'm happy with the OS and I hope to see more and better apps ;)
    04-28-2013 04:51 PM