If you could add one feature to WP8, what would it be?

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I go between:

1. Opening up API's so devs can make full featured apps. Ever wonder why we can't ever upload video or get a video editor or slideshow? Ever wonder why we can't have NFC work like it's supposed? Yup...locked down API access

2. Degrade back to Zune. Change the colors and rename it, but bring back the functionality, stability and feature set.

I really can't decide which is more important to me. Hmmm...I'll ponder and come back to cast a legitimate vote. :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Custom alert tones. I know its silly but I have a text tone I used to use on all my phones that says "Excuse me boss you have a text message". I miss it I would like it be able to use it again.

I would be in a meeting for example and I would get a text my phone would go off.

"Excuse me boss you have a text message"

Someone would say "Was that your phone"
I would say "Yes that was my phone. Its very polite." lol

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Custom alert tones. I know its silly but I have a text tone I used to use on all my phones that says "Excuse me boss you have a text message". I miss it I would like it be able to use it again.

I would be in a meeting for example and I would get a text my phone would go off.

"Excuse me boss you have a text message"

Someone would say "Was that your phone"
I would say "Yes that was my phone. Its very polite." lol

I know what they were thinking...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I know what they were thinking...

Me too but the mistake is already made I obviously didn't turn the ringer off before the meeting so now that the dead is done we might as well get a laugh... :cool:

Sometimes its the spirit that defends the life.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well of course I (like most ppl)have a list, LOL! But id have to start with having a simple exit/closure for apps...THE BACK BUTTONING IS NERVE RACKING!!!

I would also love to back up my start screen! :)

waded

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
I call this feature "annoyance and embarrassment suppression":

The phone should stay completely silent (no vibrations, no sounds) at night, and during the day do vibration + medium level ringtone. Also, when I turn the volume way up on rare occasions (usually on accident, but sometimes because I can't hear an app), it somehow knows that I don't mean to leave it that way until the next way-too-loud notification.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
The possibility to remove user pictures from my contact list. You can only add. I'll throw in one more; access to the Xbox Music cloud for deleting/moving songs.

Portsider

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
One feature..................no brainer for me. I would add that incredible USB host (OTG) functionality. That's about the only thing that I miss about android. Incredible feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb