Linked Social Accounts disappear from windows 8 on laptop after getting a surface rt

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have a weird issue or bug. I currently have a lenovo y480 which originally came with windows 7 but I upgraded to windows 8 a pretty long time ago. I recently, as in yesterday, got a surface rt off ebay. I've just finished completely setting everything up on it, linking my account, downloading my apps, etc. But today I just noticed that on my laptop, my linked social accounts (everything except regular hotmail) has disappeared except not exactly. So normally when I go to, for example, the people app, usually in the top right corner you can see the different linked accounts like twitter, facebook, etc. except they are not there anymore and when I got to the charm bar on the right and go to settings to view all the linked accounts, it only shows hotmail. When I try to click on the "what's new" button, for example, which usually takes you to another page where it shows updates from people, but it says that I need to connect my social accounts. When I try to connect them, it just says that they are all connected (doesn't ask me to re-log back in or anything) and set but that it will take some time to get everything ready so it won't show up immediately. However, on my surface rt, it has everything linked up fine and I can like see facebook posts and what not through the people app. I'm guessing that everything is still linked up correctly since it shows up on my surface rt, but for some reason it doesn't register on my laptop anymore. The weird thing is the people live tile still flips and shows pictures like normal, as if it is still connected.

Now, my sync settings are all on, as in everything it ticked on except the "sync settings over metered connections even when I'm roaming." And it's the same on my surface. Other things seem to sync normally, like my mail syncs fine. I'm still logged into skype on my laptop as if it's still linked, even though it doesn't show it as linked. So everything seems to still work fine as if things were still linked, but at the same time my laptop doesn't think it's linked.. I don't really get it, it's been like this all day on my laptop and everything is still good on my surface. I tried to research this myself, but I couldn't really find other people having this problem. I also want to avoid doing anything drastic...like reinstalling windows 8 on my laptop or something like that...that would be a pain in the ***.

I'm pretty good with computers and usually am able to problem solve things on my own, but I don't know what to do in this case. I tried a restart of my computer but that didn't change anything. All this happened after I got my surface and signed in there, but I don't know if it was immediate or randomly happened later in the day. And I hope it isn't some stupid reason I overlooked...because I'm usually not a noob with computers..haha.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

UPDATE: I uninstalled and reinstalled the core productivity apps and all the other social accounts seemed to reconnect back...so nevermind!

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see you have solved your problem. Think I'll mark this for future reference in case I run into it. Or someone else does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)