Bing Search Wrong Language

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I noticed this like 3 days ago. My Bing Search results display mostly results in spanish. I am from Mexico, but I have the Browser & Search settings to be in english, and this worked fine in my Lumia 800 and (until now) in my Lumia 920... Is anyone else having this issue? How can I fix it??? Is really annoying ;(

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The only other thing I can see to check is in settings in Bing. Is use my location on? Maybe it's defaulting to Spanish because of that. If I can find anything else I will try to post it for you.

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
No. Location is off :( I have the exact same settings I have beem using in all my windows phones, but this "local search" issue is new... :/

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
did you leave your phone location setting to Mexico?

Yes, I have it set to Mexico... but, I always have had my location set to Mexico... This Bing issue is new...
What happens if I change it? It will change also my Marketplace regi?n??

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have it set to Mexico... but, I always have had my location set to Mexico... This Bing issue is new...
What happens if I change it? It will change also my Marketplace regi?n??
Bing suppose to assign language according to your pre set location.
Yes it will change your market place too.

Carvalho1

May 19, 2022
Visit site
Why would I waste my time to deal with this dictatorial setting of "local" language that is impossible to switch to another language of your choice? That is because Microsoft wants to TRACK you online and to serve what they think is "best" for you. There is NO way to change the language, so I changed my browser from Edge to Firefox and Opera and I no longer have to deal with this ***** BillGates and his ****. Bing is serving language that I don't understand and there is no way to change it to English!

Carvalho1

May 19, 2022
Visit site
They "serve" it in Spanish while I am on a visit to Portugal and while I am an English speaker, I do understand a bit of Portuguese, but not Spanish! So instead of trying to kill myself switching to English I abandoned use of Bing and Edge and switched to other S/E and other browsers such as Opera and Vivaldi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa