Hey all. I once was an Avid WP user...kinda. Until ATT pi$$ed me off and I jumped ship to Verizon and went Android. I am hoping WP8 or WP in general succeeds. I really want to like them and I do, but there were just one too many things missing that made me get an Android. Things I had a problem with"

- Mail attachment problems (Can't save to phone???)
    - Integration with facebook was sketchy (work good in some facets, crappy in others)
    - Apps (no matter how much you say apps don't make a difference, they do) And I mean official apps that work.)

Those were a few of my major problems. I jumped ship probably a little over a month after the 8x and the 920 came out. So have there been any advancements made in the WP world? I miss my tiles a bit, but WP definitely needed some polishing and additions that phone OS already had...for years. Fill me in. Miss you guys! Most of you that is.
    04-30-2013 01:53 PM
    Hello there! Nice to see you drop by. What's changed is we have a non-metro Facebook app :/

But on positive side of things, official apps are hitting the store, left right and center and you still can't attach certain stuff to emails! ;)
    04-30-2013 02:01 PM
    Hey Rockstarzzz. That's great that the apps are starting to roll in. I may need to go and check out the market and see what's happening. I just feel like Microsoft is going at a crawl with the updates and advancements. I still have my surface tablet so if there is any indication there in where Microsoft is going with the phones, they have some catching up to do. Most people use some of these google-based products and their war with Google has gimped them a bit I believe. And guess who pays..US...the consumer.

The music thing with windows phones annoyed me too. The playlist thing was horrid. It shouldn't be that hard to add music to a playlist. And adding music to a device was a bit off too. Has the music thing changed any? Still pressing on with the free xbox music thing?
    04-30-2013 02:17 PM
    I really do not think the Windows 8/RT app store can be considered much of a comparison with the Windows Phone store. I'm running Windows 8 on my PC, and the app store is tiny compared to Windows Phone store. For example, there is no Pandora app for Windows 8/RT. I really do not see much interest from developers wrt Windows 8/RT. It seems that Windows Phone is getting much more interest from developers.
    04-30-2013 02:30 PM