Download official Nokia ROMs without Navifirm+

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Very nice!

To help with future questions...to find the cross reference model number that you will need to find your Product Code in Thomas's link, go to Settings -> extras+info and it is down near the bottom.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Very nice!

To help with future questions...to find the cross reference model number that you will need to find your Product Code in Thomas's link, go to Settings -> extras+info and it is down near the bottom.

Yep! And, at least with unbranded phones, it's right on the package. again, it saved my life!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This might put me behind bars but if anyone thinks there is no legal stuff stopping you - can you please take down as many version on your terabyte sort of hard drive dedicated to WPCentral in case this link goes bust ;)

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Take a look in the wp8/920 directory...
There's a firmware in there

My ATT L920 is on 1232.5962.1314.0001

I wonder what the extra .0003 does...possibly the international version of the 1314 update?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Take a look in the wp8/920 directory...
There's a firmware in there

My ATT L920 is on 1232.5962.1314.0001

I wonder what the extra .0003 does...possibly the international version of the 1314 update?

I don't know which one, but the last 4 numbers are only the country/provider specific ones.. afaik it's model . microsftupdate . nokiaupdate . carrier

Willie Deijkers

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Today my life was about to end, error during update & no more access to Navifirm. Then I found this:
ftp://218.93.201.36/pub/upload/nokia/Nokia_Care_Suite_PST_5.0_2013.1.3.4.rar

Just install, open the Product Support Tool For Store and click tools -> Firmware Download.
Then, you'll just need your Product Code (http://www.uo5oq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2236) and you can download it. Saved my life!

i installed this nokia tool,

but it is asking for username/pasword ?

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
sorry if this is a stupid question since the only unofficial stuff I've done is a custom rom for my old Omnia 7, but now I have a Telstra Branded (unlocked) Lumia 920, would a rom flash through this method rid of the Telstra branding? how about future updates? would I receive them?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
sorry if this is a stupid question since the only unofficial stuff I've done is a custom rom for my old Omnia 7, but now I have a Telstra Branded (unlocked) Lumia 920, would a rom flash through this method rid of the Telstra branding? how about future updates? would I receive them?

I think yes, but I'm not 100% sure. I think you'd need to change the product code, again, better ask someone who already did it. I own an unbranded phone and left everything how it was..

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

Hey there, i'm also on telstra with my 920. I flashed it to the AU generic 1314 firmware which got rid of the telstra bootup logo.
If you want to do that, use this method and the download links here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2093342

However telstra users are getting the 1314 update in 10 days time and they generally receive updates a few weeks before unbranded users, so since navifirm has shut down i'd recommend staying on the telstra firmware. I'll probably flash back to telstra fw for the faster updates.

dxdy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
thanks for blinkthinks for tutorial

Here’s a trick to download official Nokia firmware without Navifirm+
icon_smile.gif

Things you need:
1. Latest version of Nokia Suite (version 2013_13_4_4 download from Nokia site)
2. usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file
You can download the ‘usergroupsconfiguration.cfg’ file from HERE
Alternate LINK to both files.

Installation:

1. First install Nokia Suite. Do not run after the installation is finished.

2. After Nokia Suite installs, copy and replace the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 if you’re running a 64-bit version of Windows. Or C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 if on 32-bit.

Running Nokia Suite and Downloading the firmware:

1. Open Nokia Suite. And select ‘Product Support Tool For Store 5.0′

2. When prompted, select ‘CareSuite External’ then hit ‘Sign-in’ button.

3. From the Menu, select Tools, then ‘Firmware Download’

4. Now enter the product code of your device, hit ‘Check Online’ button, to check the latest firmware version of your product code.

5. Then ‘tick’ ‘Optional Content Files and ‘Download’ to save your firmware.
6. Wait a few minutes for your files to download
icon_smile.gif

7. You may now manually flash your Nokia device with the firmware you just downloaded.

TIP:
- Your firmware should be stored in the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products folder of your hard drive.
- If you need to download a different firmware version for the same product code, I suggest you wait for your first download to finish, save all the downloaded files in a marked folder, then proceed with your next download.
- Partial List of Nokia Lumia product codes.

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: This process is for experimental purposes ONLY. I will not be responsible for any damage your device may incur during the manual flashing. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
For what it's worth, most of the stuff on this FTP is almost definitely highly illegal, and I don't know why people think this is an official Nokia site. It's some random Chinese FTP.

I mean, whoever owns it has Office for Windows RT posted (something that nobody has license to distribute over the internet), as well as a ton of presumably cracked full versions of apps and games.

In other words, once you get the Nokia Care Suite (which is itself probably legally questionable) I don't know that you should download anything else from it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077