Alert! ALL live tiles have stopped???

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This method worked for me as well. I deleted a bunch of apps I wasn't using that were showing up in advanced, and a few hours later my live tiles started back up. Thank you.

Quite disappointing that MS is still sorting this out. Maybe that's why many new WP8 devices only have 16gb of storage ;-(

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My third party live tiles are working, but Marketplace notifications have been dead for a while. Tried unpinning, clearing IE history, repinning, and still no good. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

When you unpin & clear IE cache, you'll need to reset by holding down volume down & power. Then release the moment you feel the vibration. Then repin. Caution though, this will most likely break your live tiles & you'll need to clear IE & reset. However, once it starts working again, it'll be great lol.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This method worked for me as well. I deleted a bunch of apps I wasn't using that were showing up in advanced, and a few hours later my live tiles started back up. Thank you.

Quite disappointing that MS is still sorting this out. Maybe that's why many new WP8 devices only have 16gb of storage ;-(

It IS embarrassing. WP7 had this issue at a much lower number too. That caused me many headaches in the past.

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm back up and running with the live tiles. I have 10 running that I can choose. There are another 5 that I have no choice on that are running. I shut them all down, deleted, reinstalled, hop on my left foot on the 5th Monday of the new moon and they work again. I just wish MS would issue guidance on how many is the right number.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The worst part about this is most users aren't enthusiasts like us. They aren't willing to jump through hoops to get something to work correctly.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The worst part about this is most users aren't enthusiasts like us. They aren't willing to jump through hoops to get something to work correctly.

Agreed. For me, this is a very frustrating issue, and much more annoying than not having a notification centre, or the latest apps. When I signed on, I knew what I was getting, and I knew what was lacking, but I expect the OS as it is to function properly, especially live tiles which are the major selling point of the OS. Marketplace update notifications, for example, are the bare minimum you would expect at this level, yet for many this is a problem. The odd thing is, MS have been aware of these problems for quite a while now (certainly since Dec 12), and still have yet to address them.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Removing some of my background apps from background-> advanced solved my problem I have been dealing with for over a month. I wish I new the magic number that was allowed to run in background before this happens...

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This thread explains why Amazing Weather HD stopped updating my lockscreen/live tile.

It's sad to learn that MS is doing nothing to fix this bug (looks like it's from the old WP7 days). One of the biggest selling points of WP* phones are the live tiles and it's unfortunate that they haven't done anything regarding this issue.

I'm losing confidence in this platform. No notification center for GDR2, no VPN and no confirmation on system wide orientation lock or custom Volume levels (some of the most voted features on the official suggestion site). I know it's "coming" but when (WP 8.1 which is coming Q1 of next year) ? If i were MS and i want to get a strong hold on the market i would ship those most requested features like yesterday.

sorry for the rant.

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed my live tiles stop working after a soft reset. To get them working again I have to uninstallmy weather app a few times and clear my internet history.

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My live tiles stopped updating since 2 weeks ago. I had 34 apps under Background task. Deleted 10 of them. Let only 7 of them to allow background task.
Deleted IE History, did soft reset. Now, I'm waiting whether these changes have any effect on my Lumia 920

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
i'm just posting this because my live tiles all stopped working and I found it a bit hard to get them to work again. I was very close to hard resetting my phone but read a few threads including this one which I think got it to work. This is what I think made it work:

• uninstall all apps that have a background task enabled (not blocked)
  • clear IE history
  • Soft reset - vol down and power.
  • re-install apps and pin

I say "I think" because the only thing I'm not sure is if after the soft reset I did a normal reboot and that's what kicked off the live tiles to start working again. I was playing around trying different things and I'm pretty sure what I did as noted above is what worked, but another thread (http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...f-your-live-tiles-not-working-might-help.html) says doing a normal reboot is what kicks it off and I can't remember if I did that or not cause I did was trying all sorts of things at the time.

Anyway I hope this helps others. I did find one of the apps I reinstalled then got blocked which I assume is because of a bug so i'm wondering if that's what stopped the tiles form updating in the first place.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. My tiles and lock screen had stopped updating within the last week. There didn't seem to be any reason for so I did a search in these forums. The solution Alex Rodriguez Jr. gave absolutely worked for me. I went into the Advanced menu under Background tasks, picked about 7 or 8 apps that were in there that I don't really use that much, and deleted them. Within about 5 hours they were all working again. Definitely give this a shot if you're just finding this thread!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre