Alert! ALL live tiles have stopped???

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok so every live tile has stopped updating. Among them: Weave, WPCentral, Amazing Weather HD, Day Counter, MyStocks, METweets. All stopped. Repinnned - no effect, reinstalled - no effect, turned off, then on in setting; background tasks - no effect. I have powered off the phone and back on, I even started to delete apps I rarely use. Is there a master reset for the background tasks, anything...

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The battery saver would only matter if he was low on power. I had the same problem. Turned out to be Amazing Weather. Once I uninstalled it everything started working again

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The battery saver would only matter if he was low on power. I had the same problem. Turned out to be Amazing Weather. Once I uninstalled it everything started working again
Did I read this right? Are you saying Amazing Weather broke your live tiles? Interesting.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
OP - I recently posted an issue where my lock screen apps have recently stopped refreshing, but I have also noticed that many of my live tiles are not updating as well. Do you have any issues with your lock screen refreshing? I am starting to suspect the new Facebook app might be the problem. Did you download the Facebook app, and did your problems start around then?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Not necessarily. You can turn on battery saver even with 100% battery remaining. Its in advanced options under battery saver.

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Did I read this right? Are you saying Amazing Weather broke your live tiles? Interesting.

Correct. I didn't figure this out on my own - I actually read this in another thread. And I uninstalled it and voila! Within 30 mins or so all live tiles were back up and running. Amazing Weather was indeed the latest app I installed.

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. You can turn on battery saver even with 100% battery remaining. Its in advanced options under battery saver.

True but having it on wouldn't stop the live tiles from operating unless he hit a low threshold. Otherwise what would be the point of it?

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
So - no battery save is not on. Turned on, then off just to be sure then restarted the phone. I have had amazing weather for months now with no problems. The only change was installing the latest Facebook BETA app. I know its beta - so buyer beware. Anyway - I will uninstall that and see what happens.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
It is not the fault of a specific app. Sometimes this just happens. Give it a bit and magically everything will right itself. I know it is frusterating, but it will be okay.

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Agreed - I have seen it before, just not on my L920. Just wondering if there was a solar flare, cell tower upgrade or close encounter that was causing it.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Sometimes after travelling for work being in an out of areas with spotty service, it takes my phone up to a day to get all my live tiles active again...

wcrm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I uninstalled Amazing Weather at the same time as these others, and then my live tiles and lock screen came back to life.
aaa weather
accuweather
amazing weather hd
collecto
facebook
facebook pro
lock widgets
lockslider
lockslider+
oreo skies
united
weatherbug

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I love live tiles - its a great feature. Generally I have not had any issues with it on WP8 until now. I agree with the post above that it seems to fix itself after a period of time.

mihirt7

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I am facing the exact same problem.. but I dont think FB beta app has anything to do with .. as I am seeing this for more than 2-3 weeks. Nothing seems to solve it.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
For what it is worth, after several days of live tiles not working and the lock screen not refreshing, it has started working again. Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint what fixed it, as I just did a lot of unpinning, repinning, uninstalling, reinstalling, airplane mode on/off, and rebooting, and it did not instantly come back after one particular step. Tiles started sporadically updating at first, and now are doing it reliably. It's like it just came unclogged for some reason. Anyway, I have no suggestions to fix this, but offer some hope for others experiencing this issue that it may resolve on its own.

josh_feinberg

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm now in the middle of my second bout with this. I've also unpinned/repinned, soft reset, uninstalled/reinstalled, airplane mode, let the battery die overnight, basically everything short of a factory reset. A feature to manually refresh this service at the OS level really needs to be included. Bury it as deep as possible in the settings. Hopefully most people will never have to use it. I love my Lumia 920, but live tiles is one of the main points of differentiation for mobile OS. This has to be more reliable. Once every 3 months is not cool.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so, there are two issues present here:

1) If your live tiles NEVER update, even after opening the apps, you might have the stuck app problem, usually caused by crashes or issues. Clear the IE history, & reset with vol down & power. Then wait. It may take a few times for this to catch, but it works, trust me.

2) This second issue is the one I just had. Its the same damn bug from WP7. Once you have x amount of apps with live tiles - whether they're enabled or not - the system can't update them. They'll update once after opening the app, & freeze again. This is solved by uninstalling apps listed in the background tasks part of settings. Amazing Weather may have just been coincidental. Chances are, any app would've fixed this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo