Windows Phone 7.8 Freezing Issue

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
First thing first, here's the device I am using:
HTC Radar, Windows Phone 7.8 (used cabinet hack for upgrade from Tango to 7.8)
Brought since 25 December 2011.

Here's the issue I am having right now, I discovered the phone will freezes up and not responding to the capacitive buttons or the screen, but the OS/app/game is still runnings smoothly, just it won't respond to my input. The freezing will gone after a few minutes but putting it in sleep mode and waking up again also fixed the issue. However, that begs the question, why this is happening? Hope you guys can find an answer for that. Thanks ya'll!

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
try uninstalling some apps. and what do you mean "cabinet hack"? I thought there were only: custom roms, cab sender, and seventyeighter (or whatever its called). also, try making sure you installed every language pack that came with the device originally and haven't missed a single update package. I know people say "but I only use English" but the language packs also effect system stability, if you are missing updated versions of them (using a 7.8 device with tango being the latest Spanish pack installed, for example)

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I tired hard reseting the phone, at first, it runs normally, but as I put some apps in it. It started to hang from time to time. The only thing that can un-hang it is to turn off the screen and reopen it, but this time, as soon I unlocked the screen, it hangs again.

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe hardware failure? if hard reset doesn't help then it looks like hardware failure to me. At this point of time, it will be better to get a Lumia 520/620 then spend money on service centre repair charges.

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
That's what I thought. I already planned to get a Lumia 720 anyway.

anyways its 2 years now, time to enjoy a new phone, please try to get Lumia 920 as prices have decreased a lot in the recent times. Better camera, ram, storage etc are well worth the extra price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6