You gotta read this review

anon5664829

Banned
Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Android always seems fast the day you get it. But open a few apps and put a few widgets on your home screen and it becomes the Android we are all used to. iPhone 5 is definitely better but not as consistently fast as WP.
No. Just no. Stop it it's obvious you don't have an Android phone because these claims are BS.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
No. Just no. Stop it it's obvious you don't have an Android phone because these claims are BS.

I have an Android device as a backup (as embarrassing as that is to admit), and it is COMPLETELY true. Pretty smooth until I downloaded a few apps and added widgets. Then it became a laggy, slow, sloppy mess. I'm glad it was a gift, because I would never give money for an Android device, ever.

anon5664829

Banned
Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an Android device as a backup (as embarrassing as that is to admit), and it is COMPLETELY true. Pretty smooth until I downloaded a few apps and added widgets. Then it became a laggy, slow, sloppy mess. I'm glad it was a gift, because I would never give money for an Android device, ever.

It wasnt a Nexus 4, HTC One or S4. because it is BS.

I would mention it's embarrassing you have a WP

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm definitely happy with my Lumia 920. Speak for yourself. Anyway, your posts are coming across as aggressive, so be careful.

[WARN]And a general warning to everyone as I can see the thread going this way, no personal attacks.[/WARN]

Last edited:

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

We have a galaxy S2 in our home with 2.3.6 which is less than 2 years old.Yes S2 is still running the default software in which it came in 2011 i.e gingerbread

It reboots on its own everyday minimum two times from last 5 months.

Even after a reset , it still behaves same after few days.

Most Android devices are use-and-throw phones.

Galaxy S4 , really ?
'S Lag' a Complaint for International Galaxy S4 Owners With Exynos 5 Octa CPU

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

No its true. I had an HTC Thunderbolt and it would constantly reboot daily. Thats within a week after buying it. Within the first 6 months, it was rebooting 2 to 3 times a day, and would even during conversations on the phone. I finally rooted it and added a custom rom because that was the only way I was told to make it more stable. And it was, for 6 months, then it started back rebooting again. I found every month changing the rom was the only way to keep it stable. And by stable, I mean it wouldn't reboot all the time. No rom aver kept the lag or stutter away. That was an issue from day one. Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Even a friend of mine that I work with had a TB and the same issues. He delt with them because he didn't want to root.

Yes, it wasn't a nexus or an HTC one or the S4, but that only means a few models have shown better performance, the core system is still at fault. If you put a bad program in a 'state of the art' system with the latest and greatest hardware, it will funtion a little better than a lower end system, but that doesn't mean it is a better system, its just better at handling all the issues and forcing it to work, for a while. Eventually it won't be able to handle the problems, and they will start cropping up. My friend is running an S4 now, and he loves it. Except for the occasional lags it does, which he tried to hide when showing me (we did the windows phone challenge) and right there, opening his camera app and trying to post a picture to facebook, I was done before he even opened his facebook app, because of that lag.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Why does it have to be only those 3 devices?
Because these 3 take longer to start lagging. You will make past your 14 day return window and be stuck with it. Then your only choice will be to throw it to the ground.

And no Chetan, I don't have an Android, not anymore. There is an old HTC Rhyme still hanging around that actually became slower after updating. I can't find the DroidX or X2 (dual core, twice as slow) that I had to clear the keyboard cache daily or it would be totally unusable (wtf is keyboard cache anyway?). Or I can borrow one of my friends s2, s3, or Nexus whatever but they would all be the same story.... Sorry bro

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I owned 2 and 1/2 Android phones (2 Real android phones, one WM6.5 phone with Android ported to it) plus a Google Nexus 7 tablet. I have experience with Android. Android is buggy and laggy, period. Some phones are better than others, but ultimately the phones are going to lag or reboot. That is just the nature of Android. I switched to a Lumia 822 and it is an entirely different world. No more lag. The phone just works.

WP8 has its own issues, (missing a few important apps, limited customization, no swype or webkit browsers) but they pale in comparison to the constant flash/fix/re-flash hassle you deal with with Android phones. It was fun at first playing with the different ROMs, but now it's just a chore, and it shouldn't be necessary anyway.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm out. there is no point talking to you guys plain and simple. I don't have lag on my Android phones S4, One and N4(Gnex as well) and they are months or one year old so I am happy with them.

The S4 BTW had a software update 3 days ago which got rid of the lag. I quit all of you are blind idiots ban me from here if you want.

Same could be said to you. You refuse to acknowledge that though your phones may not be laggy, others may have been. Just because my ford Sporttrac is still running like a champ without any problems doesn't mean all Ford Sporttracs ran like a champ without any problems. Some people have the luck in getting a phone that doesn't cause a problem, while some of us have phones that are problems. its not right to assume were wrong, when we have first hand knowledge that were right.

what you can say is that you don't have those issues, and have some compassion for those of us that either do have, or did have issues. Dont assault us and continue to tell us were wrong, especially when whats right depends on which side of the line your standing on. I am right because my android phone and others I know first hand do lag and stutter and reboot randomly. Your right because your phone(s) don't have that issue. Understand?

anon5664829

Banned
Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Same could be said to you. You refuse to acknowledge that though your phones may not be laggy, others may have been. Just because my ford Sporttrac is still running like a champ without any problems doesn't mean all Ford Sporttracs ran like a champ without any problems. Some people have the luck in getting a phone that doesn't cause a problem, while some of us have phones that are problems. its not right to assume were wrong, when we have first hand knowledge that were right.

what you can say is that you don't have those issues, and have some compassion for those of us that either do have, or did have issues. Dont assault us and continue to tell us were wrong, especially when whats right depends on which side of the line your standing on. I am right because my android phone and others I know first hand do lag and stutter and reboot randomly. Your right because your phone(s) don't have that issue. Understand?

Accepted.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Of course you do realize that your personal experiences with the stuttering and instability don't correlate to how android actually is: you can't say android is bad when in fact it's only the devices that are bad that happen to run android (or as I said earlier, are crippled by OEM software).
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, all Android smartphones lags, that is the fact, there's no exception whatsoever. Why? Android runs on JVM, java lags therefor Android lags! And I say this with pitty cause Android has a ton of functionalities, but it works with spikes, frames! And those are visible to the eye, they aren't hiding deep down in some obscure function of the phone, the lag is right there, straight in your face.
I don't want to annoy anyone, but that's the truth.
On the other hand, WP is water flowing, smooth, no frames or spikes. It has his minuses, but I hope GDR2 will fix that. No wonder that guy loved 8X and ditched the S3.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm out. there is no point talking to you guys plain and simple. I don't have lag on my Android phones S4, One and N4(Gnex as well) and they are months or one year old so I am happy with them.

The S4 BTW had a software update 3 days ago which got rid of the lag. I quit all of you are blind idiots ban me from here if you want.

Every year same excuse lol

"From this device , Android doesn't have lag anymore" argument.

Have been hearing this from "Galaxy S2 times"

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Of course you do realize that your personal experiences with the stuttering and instability don't correlate to how android actually is: you can't say android is bad when in fact it's only the devices that are bad that happen to run android (or as I said earlier, are crippled by OEM software).

If reports of lagging only occured in a particular manufacturer, or on a specific carrier, then I would believe that it is device / carrier specific and not due to the OS. However, when I see and hear it occuring with just about all carriers and all manufacturers, then it goes without saying, its the OS, not the phone itself.

yes, there is a ton of bloatware provided by each carrier. But even after rooted and custom deodex, debloated roms installed, you still get lag, then its the OS.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Not really. Vanilla android does in fact not lag. Don't get me wrong, I hate android (for other reasons) but I thoroughly tried and tested it, and I can tell you that it runs as well as any WP phone and I hate when people spread misinformation.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
But is anyone running vanilla? I haven't heard of anyone using that. And wouldn't custom roms with all the bloatware removed, nothing added, be unlaggy?
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05