Future for 512mb devices?

alpha4345

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I'm thinking of buying either the HTC 8S or the Lumia 520 for 150$ CAD, but I was worrying about their "gaming" capabilities and their future.

Since both of them are 512mb devices, I heard they could not run games like Nova 3 or Order and Chaos Online, which are a part of the Must-Have category! Also, I am wondering about if they are good choices for a 2 year contract or if they will get outdated soon just like my old HTC Titan was.

So are there any hopes to see "high-end" games on 512mb devices in the near future? Will there be some sort of hacks/tweaks to overcome this problem? How long will these two devices last? Should I rather go with Android (HTC One V) ?

Thanks a lot.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I love the 520 (521) but let's face it: There are going to be games that won't run on it because of the RAM. The phone itself will probably do fine for quite awhile. That said, must of us hardly know what to expect from the industry in the Fall, let alone 2 years from now.

The fact that you said they are must haves tell me that you should get a higher end phone. Also, I would never get a low end phone on contract. Let's say that a phone is 600 off contract and 150 on contract. You saved 450. Now, let's say a phone is 200 off contract and free on contract. You only saved 200.

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I would be surprised if Microsoft dropped the support for 512 MB devices for the next big upgrade. Microsoft would be pretty stupid either. About the games that can't run on my HTC 8S, I couldn't care less. I've got a great quad-core NVidia powered desktop computer for the games. Phone games are for softies :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss