Here maps, delete the maps stored in phone memory

manas16

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How to delete the maps stored in phone memory. I am downloading offline maps in mmc so I want to delete all old maps stored in phone memory.
Lumia 820

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Go to HERE Maps - Settings (Three dots) - Download Maps - Download New Maps - Hold a Map that you want to delete - Delete. (And do the same on other maps)

If you want to add your maps to MicroSD card, download Lumia Storage Check Beta, then set save maps on SD Card and finally download the maps right away. :)

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
If you want to add your maps to MicroSD card, download Lumia Storage Check Beta, then set save maps on SD Card and finally download the maps right away. :)

Where do I find the option to download to the SD card? I have a Lumia 720 with Lumia Storage Check Beta installed and can't find any option to save maps to the SD card.

manas16

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
download and install the updated version of storage check and then u can see the option for changing storage location of maps.

* long back when there were no such things, i use to simply open the map and automatically phone use to download maps around me (where ever i took my phone it downloaded the map of that location and saved it in phone memory ) i never cared about downloading maps manually so when i checked "downloaded maps" then i found it empty... so where all those maps are stored. i want to delete them .. :(

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings and clear history, I suppose? :p
Ok, if I were you, I would uninstall all maps and then, I would uninstall the HERE maps. Open the Lumia Storage Check Beta and save maps to SD card.

I would then install the HERE maps again. After doing this, I found that the HERE maps data on phone memory reduces significantly.

Chen Vivi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a question here. Is the option for storing the offline map to sd card only available to nokia phones or all the wp8 phones ?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure? It's on the App list (Not on the settings), if you miss anything.

Not sure what you mean by that, if you were replying to my post.

EDIT: It's OK - I worked it out. You're right. I was looking under Settings>Storage Check. I didn't realise there was a separate App for it as well. When I use the app I get the setting. Now that's really confusing!!

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by that, if you were replying to my post.

EDIT: It's OK - I worked it out. You're right. I was looking under Settings>Storage Check. I didn't realise there was a separate App for it as well. When I use the app I get the setting. Now that's really confusing!!

Yes, I did reply you.
Indeed it is confusing but I believe that once the app is out from Beta, it will be integrated inside the Settings on the next software update. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb