Skype Released for Blackberry Z10 - More features than WP8 !!!

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Just read that Skype has been released on blackberry world > Skype for BlackBerry Z10 now available in BlackBerry World - GSMArena Blog

Article states it has the ability to send/receive pictures/videos and files to any of your contacts. And here is the WP8 version stuck with just text sending.

I mean come on MS, surely if you can release it for them why cant your own OS have it?

Anyone else agree with this? I own a Lumia 920 and would love to see these features for the WP8 client.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
because it's a android ported app. developing a native is much harder than porting it. But I suspect Skype for Wp8 will get better and better :)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't have to agree with it - its good business. Add to that its easier to port over the app from android and its all extra revenue for MS. We well get all the features eventually like everything else.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
because it's a android ported app. developing a native is much harder than porting it. But I suspect Skype for Wp8 will get better and better :)

Exactly what I was thinking, at least we Windows Phone users have a unique interface and not an Android port.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Why should the OS run by the company who own Skype have to 'get features eventually'.. surely it should be the other way round?

I think where Blackberry is going to get ahead of WP is with all the android ports

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Why should the OS run by the company who own Skype have to 'get features eventually'.. surely it should be the other way round?

Marketshare WP is still the little fish - the more users MS get hooked on Skype from Apple and Android then by extension BB just makes them more money. The other OS's will all only ever have an app, Skype will eventually be baked into the OS on WP - im willing to wait for that.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well maybe Nokia should give up some of its Nokia Collection!!!

Seriously though Android ports are easy enough to bring across to Windows Phone seeing as WP8 can use native code.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
It's due to OS limitation of WP. Same is the cause why we can't send and receive videos and audios stored in our phone in whatsapp. MS should relieve this api restrictions....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos