WP Randomly disconnecting from cellular...

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Once or twice every day, I'll unlock my phone. It will show I have 4 or 5 bars of 4G. I rarely lose cellular where I live, but I keep roaming on just incase I lose a connection.

Everything seems normal, I do what I would usually do when I unlock my phone. Check kids corner that I setup a notification center in, check lock screen notifications, Open up the WPcentral forum for new threads, read new news, etc. The problem is that once in a while, it will say I have 4-5 bars of 4G, but my data just stops working. Why?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Several reasons might be at play here. First I would rule out Kids corner. At least put it on the bottom of the list. But on top of the list, would be the telco and how your device is provisioned. Sometimes, you phone forgets who it is and can't reconnect to the service. Contact AT&T and have them reprovision your phone. Secondly, I would disable the roaming option. If you rarely loose connection like you say, while having your phones roaming signal searching to connect, during a cell tower hand off, roaming will eventually connect on you. Thus disconnecting your cellular signal. 3G/4G is vanquished. So turn roaming off and leave it off. Unless you are traveling into areas where AT&T isn't strong, there is no need for it.

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Also having that problem. Only that when it comes back, I get either 2G or EDGE. One way to fix this (For Nokia Users): Go to "Phone", go to keypad and type ##3282 and dial. Tap the three dots and tap settings and change from Automatic to "2G only, 3G only or 4G only". Not sure if this works on other brands.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I had something similar, I'd lose my data connection temporarily, but I still seemed to be connected to the network.

I don't know what the problem was, but I haven't seen it happen recently. Maybe it was my network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes