Hey guys,

I hope all's been well by you! I just got a new 8X, switching over from a Droid, and I have a series of really important questions about Gmail with which I'd greatly appreciate your assistance:

• How do I change the email address in the "From" field on my phone? I've enabled "multiple 'send as'" but I haven't seen any results. I have about seven emails rigged to my Gmail account and I really need the ability to choose from which one I'm writing.
    • How can I sync Gmail drafts with my phone? I will often begin writing an email on my computer, and then finish it on my phone, or vice-versa.
    • How can I eliminate Gchat transcripts from my "Sent" folder? I often use GChat, and for some reason it's showing each individual line of chat as a separate email in the Sent folder on my phone only.

Thanks!

-Jeff
    05-13-2013 01:46 PM
    1. I think you can do this in the gmail settings on a computer. Not positive though because I only use one account in gmail. I moved my other accounts to outlook.com
    2. Tap the three menu buttons while in gmail on the phone and select show all folders.
    3. Don't know on this. You can select all in a folder, but maybe an option in gmail settings on computer.
    05-13-2013 02:03 PM
    Thanks for your help.

1) As I said, I've already changed the online setting -- no result.
    2) That still doesn't sync the email drafts I have on Gmail with the phone, or vice-versa.
    3) I can't find any relevant option. *EDIT: More specifically, the phone simply isn't threading my sent emails. How can I do this?

Additional:
    4) My email signature from Gmail isn't included whenever I send from my phone. I'd really like to sync that as well!

I would really value some assistance, as it's crucial for my mobile productivity that these features work as desired. Thanks!

-Jeff
    Last edited by jeffc103193; 05-13-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    05-13-2013 05:22 PM
    I think you cannot select the "from" field. At least I couldnīt find a way to do it.
    05-13-2013 06:40 PM
    That's a legitimate impediment for anyone who wants to use the platform for work and personal purposes!

Set up Google Sync with your Windows Phone - Google Apps Help

This page says pretty conclusively that it can be done. But I've checked the box to no avail.

Anyone who has had success with this able to help out?
    05-13-2013 06:50 PM
    That Google guide seems for Windows Mobile (previous MS mobile OS), not Windows Phone.

Yes, that cannot "send from" inability is a problem. I cannot do it even using an Exchange Online account :(

Anyway, I hate answering e-mails in the cell phone. I donīt even check it in the phone.
    05-14-2013 01:03 PM
    There is a feature suggestion to include this: Gmail multiple from address
    05-14-2013 01:39 PM
    Well that's unfortunate.

Well the following questions still stand:
    • How can I sync Gmail drafts with my phone? I will often begin writing an email on my computer, and then finish it on my phone, or vice-versa.
    • How can I eliminate Gchat transcripts from my "Sent" folder? I often use GChat, and for some reason it's showing each individual line of chat as a separate email in the Sent folder on my phone only.

And then I have two more:
    • I have contacts that are in the People hub, but don't show up when I begin to type their name into a text message. I have a contact listed as both "Hotmail" and "Backup Assistant Plus," but when I type his name into a blank text message, his number does not appear.
    • How can I disable notification sounds while I'm on a call? It's really annoying.

Thanks.
    05-14-2013 03:01 PM
    Well that's unfortunate.

Well the following questions still stand:
    [LIST][*]How can I sync Gmail drafts with my phone? I will often begin writing an email on my computer, and then finish it on my phone, or vice-versa.
    I havenīt tried it, but maybe it works: go to mail app linked to gmail, touch the "..." button down under, select "folders" , then "show all folders", then choose drafts and click "sync this folder". I donīt know if it will save the files that are modified and not sent in the cell phone.

Donīt know about the rest of the questions.
    05-15-2013 10:12 AM