Just looking for straight answers

macgyver35

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
As the title implies, I'm looking for a straight answer to a couple of questions that are interrelated. I can find information, but it seems incomplete or conflicting.

1) Is it possible to have a Windows Phone linked to two different Microsoft accounts? I initialize all of our company Windows Phones with a "xxxxx@live.com" account that I control and only I know the password too. This allows me to remotely wipe/lock/locate employee phones if they are lost or stolen. It also allows me to, through SkyDrive, have all of each employees contacts backed up in case of theft or loss. This all works very well. However, there are a few paid apps in the Windows Phone store that would be beneficial for our employees to have. I can't figure out how to set up a "company" Microsoft account that can be used to provide paid apps to all of our 14 Windows Phones. I want to be clear on this... I am NOT trying to bypass paying for 14 copies of the apps, I just can't figure out how to get those apps to all the phones given how the OS and the marketplace currently work. I know MS has some kind of private marketplace functionality for companies that want to produce and distribute their won apps, but what we need are apps available to the general public, as I will not be doing any app development. Can I somehow link all of the individual accounts I set up for synching purposes to some kind of umbrella account for the company?

2) Employees want to be able to download apps pf their choosing, and I don't have a problem with this, but once again, how do I control which account, if it is even possible, gets charged when they want to purchase and download an app? If they create their own Microsoft accounts, to which the company will have no access, can they be used in conjunction with any accounts we as a company establish on the phones? I don't care if they all want to download Angry Birds, but I don't want the company having to pay for it.

If it matters, we have a mixed environment of two kinds phones.

Sansung Focus S devices running Windows Phone 7/7.5 and Nokia Lumia 920s, obviously with Windows Phone 8.

Thanks for any insight.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I know you can set up multiple payment methods on each phone. At the purchase screen the person then selects which account gets charged for the purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720