The new Lumia 925

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep pretty sure it was vodaphone guy - also pretty sure they said the phones were 32gb as well so don't know where the memory loss comments are coming from

Personally I think its a nice addition to the range - the option to have wireless charging covers has obviously allowed them to reduce some of the bulk from the 920 and the aluminium rim should give a lot better reception - just not sure about the usb and headphone jack being on top.
Vodafone has exclusivity on the 32gb version, so in guessing there is a lesser version. I hope no one is surprised. Nokia said a while ago a flagship for each US carrier. AT&T got theirs first, then Verizon and Tmo. Same base line hardware with subtle differences.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hah - remember all the angry comments that journalists and reviewer had got it wrong and the 920 wasn't too bulky? The guy from Nokia has just got up and said just that! "The Lumia 920 was too heavy. Not meant for European tastes."

Vodafone has exclusivity on the 32gb version, so in guessing there is a lesser version. I hope no one is surprised. Nokia said a while ago a flagship for each US carrier. AT&T got theirs first, then Verizon and Tmo. Same base line hardware with subtle differences.

So would that mean T-Mobile is a getting a 32GB one as well?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What a crap announcement. Nokia is now rehashing phones over and over again. Lumia 920 > 928 > 925. All exactly the same with alternations in the chassis except that 925 will come with 16GB version, only 2 color choices and no built in wireless charging. Awesome. The whole focus of the event was on some damn camera app because we don't have enough of those already.

I suppose my expectations were a little too high.

Just following Apples model I guess - release a phone that's almost the same just a bit thinner and lighter and chuck in an extra innovative app. You cant really expect anything much from phone releases nowadays. Even the GS4 is virtually identical to the GS3 just with software enhancements. I can see things trudging along like this for a few years until someone breaks the mould

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't understand their strategy at first but now I see it for what it is. Its just their attempt to gain traction in the US, as they now have a "flagship" model on 3 of the top 4 networks there. I wouldn't be surprised if they have something else up their sleeve, Elop's a shifty bugger lol

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't understand their strategy at first but now I see it for what it is. Its just their attempt to gain traction in the US, as they now have a "flagship" model on 3 of the top 4 networks there. I wouldn't be surprised if they have something else up their sleeve, Elop's a shifty bugger lol

Haven't we heard this for two..three years? Eventually you actually have to turn out your game-changer.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

lol I hadn't read ur post before I wrote mine n now I sound like a parrot😋

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Haven't we heard this for two..three years? Eventually you actually have to turn out your game-changer.

that's why I said I wouldn't be surprised if they had something else planned but haven't got a clue what.....maybe EOS???

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes. EOS. The reason why they are doing this is because they want to keep releasing devices throughout the year. I heard one of the announcers the girl said there is something coming this summer (winter)

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Just following Apples model I guess - release a phone that's almost the same just a bit thinner and lighter and chuck in an extra innovative app. You cant really expect anything much from phone releases nowadays. Even the GS4 is virtually identical to the GS3 just with software enhancements. I can see things trudging along like this for a few years until someone breaks the mould
All these imaging capabilities that Nokia likes to keep shoving in, they can REALLY be helped by a better CPU. The Snapdragon S4 is horrendously outdated. Even the S4 Pro is outdated and we're moving onto the new Snapdragon 600 chipset and here is Nokia releasing a 'flagship' with the same chipset that the AT&T One X had back in Feb 2012. I know it's not really Nokia's fault but someone over at Microsoft really needs to get off their *** and do something about the hardware on Windows Phones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You know, based on my needs, this 925 would have been great...last November. I guess this is what they killed the 8X for...the similar phone design wise with a better camera. I mean, don't get me wrong, this thing will sell.

But after my experience with the 810, I'm not touching another carrier variant like this. I'd rather get the 920 at this point or just suffer with my 810 until the fall lineup arrives.

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Always good to see new phones, but I don't see the 925 being a huge success due to the minor changes (both positive and negative). This and the 928 are just here to keep us busy until the next generation of Windows phones come out in late 2013/early 2014. Oh, and they get to test out some minor hardware upgrades. And keep shareholders happy.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
For me I'm happy with my 820 atm but peepz are right in saying that the 925 is wot the 920 should've been! I got bigger fish to fry lol Nokia announce new phones n I'm here in Aussie STILL waiting for 1308!!!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Aaaaaaannd, here come the complaints from the never-satisfied WP fan base! Lets just ignore the fact that this is yet more buzz about WP and just moan about how the 920 was a beta test, less memory, no colors, yadda, yadda, yadda. You whiners do know you can switch to another OS and manufacturer, right? :straight:

I did just that over three months ago and got a Galaxy S3. However, I keep my 920 as a backup device just in case.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep pretty sure it was vodaphone guy - also pretty sure they said the phones were 32gb as well so don't know where the memory loss comments are coming from

Personally I think its a nice addition to the range - the option to have wireless charging covers has obviously allowed them to reduce some of the bulk from the 920 and the aluminium rim should give a lot better reception - just not sure about the usb and headphone jack being on top.

The official specifications says it only has 16 GB of on=board storage.

Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 925

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
what confuses me is the Smart Camera app they went over some of the features like getting the best face and removing things out of pictures and action shot....but wasn't all this on the 920 at launch? am I missing something?

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
what confuses me is the Smart Camera app they went over some of the features like getting the best face and removing things out of pictures and action shot....but wasn't all this on the 920 at launch? am I missing something?
Yes. The idea behind the Smart Camera app is to consolidate all of the camera apps into one app that replaces the default one, rather than having one default app and a bunch of separate apps for different uses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720