05-15-2013 09:42 AM
67 123
tools
    I didn't understand their strategy at first but now I see it for what it is. Its just their attempt to gain traction in the US, as they now have a "flagship" model on 3 of the top 4 networks there. I wouldn't be surprised if they have something else up their sleeve, Elop's a shifty bugger lol
    Haven't we heard this for two..three years? Eventually you actually have to turn out your game-changer.
    05-14-2013 06:31 AM
    05-14-2013 06:32 AM
    Vodafone has exclusivity on the 32gb version, so in guessing there is a lesser version. I hope no one is surprised. Nokia said a while ago a flagship for each US carrier. AT&T got theirs first, then Verizon and Tmo. Same base line hardware with subtle differences.
    lol I hadn't read ur post before I wrote mine n now I sound like a parrot😋
    05-14-2013 06:33 AM

This is a close up shot of it. Sorry its in French and apologise that its not a link. Using my tablet :-)
    05-14-2013 06:35 AM
    Haven't we heard this for two..three years? Eventually you actually have to turn out your game-changer.
    that's why I said I wouldn't be surprised if they had something else planned but haven't got a clue what.....maybe EOS???
    05-14-2013 06:35 AM
    Yes. EOS. The reason why they are doing this is because they want to keep releasing devices throughout the year. I heard one of the announcers the girl said there is something coming this summer (winter)
    05-14-2013 06:38 AM
    Just following Apples model I guess - release a phone that's almost the same just a bit thinner and lighter and chuck in an extra innovative app. You cant really expect anything much from phone releases nowadays. Even the GS4 is virtually identical to the GS3 just with software enhancements. I can see things trudging along like this for a few years until someone breaks the mould
    All these imaging capabilities that Nokia likes to keep shoving in, they can REALLY be helped by a better CPU. The Snapdragon S4 is horrendously outdated. Even the S4 Pro is outdated and we're moving onto the new Snapdragon 600 chipset and here is Nokia releasing a 'flagship' with the same chipset that the AT&T One X had back in Feb 2012. I know it's not really Nokia's fault but someone over at Microsoft really needs to get off their *** and do something about the hardware on Windows Phones.
    boxa72 likes this.
    05-14-2013 06:41 AM
    You know, based on my needs, this 925 would have been great...last November. I guess this is what they killed the 8X for...the similar phone design wise with a better camera. I mean, don't get me wrong, this thing will sell.

But after my experience with the 810, I'm not touching another carrier variant like this. I'd rather get the 920 at this point or just suffer with my 810 until the fall lineup arrives.
    05-14-2013 06:51 AM
    Always good to see new phones, but I don't see the 925 being a huge success due to the minor changes (both positive and negative). This and the 928 are just here to keep us busy until the next generation of Windows phones come out in late 2013/early 2014. Oh, and they get to test out some minor hardware upgrades. And keep shareholders happy.
    05-14-2013 06:53 AM
    For me I'm happy with my 820 atm but peepz are right in saying that the 925 is wot the 920 should've been! I got bigger fish to fry lol Nokia announce new phones n I'm here in Aussie STILL waiting for 1308!!!
    05-14-2013 07:01 AM
    Aaaaaaannd, here come the complaints from the never-satisfied WP fan base! Lets just ignore the fact that this is yet more buzz about WP and just moan about how the 920 was a beta test, less memory, no colors, yadda, yadda, yadda. You whiners do know you can switch to another OS and manufacturer, right?
    I did just that over three months ago and got a Galaxy S3. However, I keep my 920 as a backup device just in case.
    05-14-2013 07:02 AM
    Yep pretty sure it was vodaphone guy - also pretty sure they said the phones were 32gb as well so don't know where the memory loss comments are coming from

Personally I think its a nice addition to the range - the option to have wireless charging covers has obviously allowed them to reduce some of the bulk from the 920 and the aluminium rim should give a lot better reception - just not sure about the usb and headphone jack being on top.
    The official specifications says it only has 16 GB of on=board storage.

Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 925
    05-14-2013 07:07 AM
    what confuses me is the Smart Camera app they went over some of the features like getting the best face and removing things out of pictures and action shot....but wasn't all this on the 920 at launch? am I missing something?
    05-14-2013 07:10 AM
    what confuses me is the Smart Camera app they went over some of the features like getting the best face and removing things out of pictures and action shot....but wasn't all this on the 920 at launch? am I missing something?
    Yes. The idea behind the Smart Camera app is to consolidate all of the camera apps into one app that replaces the default one, rather than having one default app and a bunch of separate apps for different uses.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    05-14-2013 07:13 AM
    The official specifications says it only has 16 GB of on=board storage.

Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 925
    Wow that sucks - must have been the 928 that's got 32gb
    05-14-2013 07:17 AM
    I hope TMo also gets the 32gb variant
    05-14-2013 07:20 AM
    Wow that sucks - must have been the 928 that's got 32gb
    Apparently there will be a 32 GB variant available as a carrier exclusive such as Vodafone UK. Not sure about other networks though. The 16 GB model is the global variant.
    05-14-2013 07:28 AM
    I hope TMo also gets the 32gb variant
    (wipes tears from eyes after laughing at this for 15 minutes). T-Mobile isn't getting the 32GB version. This is what they killed the 8X for.
    05-14-2013 08:39 AM
    Nokia Lumia 925 Hands-On - Dialaphone - YouTube

Notice that it is already running the Nokia Amber update, which includes WP8 GDR2, all we need now is somebody to compare the OS to the current version of WP8 and detect the changes (except for FM radio) included in the GDR2!

Does anyone on here have access to the device?

EDIT: here are some more hands-on videos: http://nokiapoweruser.com/2013/05/14...nds-on-videos/
    Last edited by Tomanband; 05-14-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    05-14-2013 09:02 AM
    I could care less about any updates until they give me a phone that will last 8 hours even if I use it. I don't care if it weighs 5 pounds, don't care about 1080p display, (it's a damn phone), all I want is a WP8 device that I can use during the day but I don't have to charge 3 times to do so.

(I've been through 4 920's now) I wish I could slap the RAZR MAXX HD battery into any WP8 device. I've had to move most of what I did on my 920's to my work phone. Average usage on that device (RAZR HD) is 70-80 hours, doing far more than what my 920 does. Average usage on my 920 is 5-6 hours. BUT if I really use my phone 2-3 hours.

People get obsessed over stupid things. Why do we need 1080p displays? So the tweet we read looks more crisp? I'd take a monochrome device running WP8 if I could average 70-80 hours of use.
    05-14-2013 09:36 AM
    Aaaaaaannd, here come the complaints from the never-satisfied WP fan base! Lets just ignore the fact that this is yet more buzz about WP and just moan about how the 920 was a beta test, less memory, no colors, yadda, yadda, yadda. You whiners do know you can switch to another OS and manufacturer, right?
    Are we not allowed to express our opinions about the companies we follow? I've been critical of this device launching before the holidays ever since it was first rumoured. There are simply too many comparisons to other failed scenarios for me to see this as a good move for Nokia. It unfortunately only served to reinforce my opinion that smartphone manufacturers can't bring enough meaningful innovation to the table in order to justify a replacement flagship every six months. Hoping for more out of a company or not agreeing with its business decisions doesn't constitute hatred for it.

This aluminium switch has been rumoured and teased for quite a while now, and Nokia has created beautiful, coloured aluminium unibodies in the past. To me, this phone was definitely not what I expected, and borderline messy. I can see how the black one could look stunning in person, but HTC's One definitely has the edge when comparing greys. All in all, I wouldn't criticise it much if it was a variant of the 920, in the same vein of the 928. But Nokia hyped and presented it as the next thing, when this is very iterative.
    05-14-2013 10:02 AM
    People get obsessed over stupid things. Why do we need 1080p displays? So the tweet we read looks more crisp? I'd take a monochrome device running WP8 if I could average 70-80 hours of use.
    As someone who actually works with their smartphone, you belong to a small minority.

For most people, their smartphone is primarily a status symbol and secondarily an expensive toy... hence the tendency to the paper specs focused 'mine is bigger than yours' mentalities...

What you need to do is find the smartphone with the lowest possible CPU clock combined with the largest possible battery.

For WP that is the Lumia 720.
    05-14-2013 10:18 AM
    920 too heavy???

If you can't handle 185 grams of phone, I would suggest staying at home with a pair of slippers and some cocoa!!!
    Wimps!!!!
    theefman likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:30 AM
    And they have just announced that it will be available on T-Mobile US only. And only Vodafone UK will be selling it here. Why? If they want to sell these things they have to get it on all the networks, not just one.
    The 925 is another 920 variant so in the US, 3 of the major carriers now will have a flagship Lumia device...are there any carriers where you are with a 920 or other variant?
    05-14-2013 10:33 AM
    . Average usage on my 920 is 5-6 hours. BUT if I really use my phone 2-3 hours.
    Damn dude, why bother using that with such crappy usage. I could play angry birds, while streaming music for 2 hours and still have 70% at least.
    05-14-2013 10:43 AM
67 123