Deleting a WP8 for sale

Jamdot

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am about to sell my 520 on eBay as I plan to upgrade.

is there anything else I can do than just resetting the phone to make sure my data can't be recovered?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I assume you went to setting > about > reset phone and if so that should be fine just check anything that you signed into to make sure nothing left.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

is there anything else I can do than just resetting the phone to make sure my data can't be recovered?

You have nothing to worry about after a phone reset. Windows Phone 8 hasn't been hacked yet, so that should say enough about it for security haha

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

If you had a memory card in the phone, make sure you either remove it or format it before shipping the phone. As others have said, normal Settings>About>Reset Phone will erase all personal data permanently.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
After resetting device , phone will be started and u will be asked for fresh start or backed up data.

Select appropriate options for fresh start and check the accounts and sign out of all in case any.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos