Why are people so dissapointed? Lumia 925 & 928

Araslan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Just wondering what makes you so dissapointed with the announcement of the 928 and the 925?

Its a new phone and they'll both do well for nokia, they fit different markets - those who complained about the 920 and those who are on verizon in the US

The iphone 4-4s differences? Then to 5 a new body with a slightly larger screen? Sure the specs may be increased but specs do not need to be increased because the OS runs so smoothly on low specs. Admitetly the gaming experience can be improved. A windows phone specs cannot be compared to an android phone. Look at the power the HTC one has and it still comes with lag!

Now my final point, the galaxy s3 was a revolutionary phone. Naturally, people expected the s4 to be a great phone improved massively. In the end, turns out to be a few changes.
Just like Nokia have done with the lumias, why? Because phone manufacturarers cannot create a revolutionary phone every year or in this case Six months! For it to be so 'revolutionary' it'd be at least two years. Besides this way, they make more money which allows the revolutionary device to be improved even more.

Soo the moral is, just enjoy what you have, and if you don't like it don't purchase it.

Some lumia owners who recently bought a 920 or other lumia should be pretty grateful actually for not being outdated so soon

/rant over

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why are people so dissapointed?

Because the people on this forum have knee jerk reactions and can't comprehend that the purpose for this is for every carrier to have a flagship 920 variant. They thought it could be another phone for them to replace their current phones.

Araslan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Because the people on this forum have knee jerk reactions and can't comprehend that the purpose for this is for every carrier to have a flagship 920 variant. They thought it could be another phone for them to replace their current phones.

Haha, its not just this forum. I usually post on crackberry, do browse through androidcent and imore. From what i've seen, the iphone got the least of complaints (just from me looking on the forums)

@nes yeah you're right :p

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

1. We kinda expected the EOS
2. The 925 is a disappointment, even for a 92x variant.

1. If EOS was released, people with 920 will be complaining that they are outdated and blame Nokia...

2. Why? Is a solid phone and if you don't like it, you can buy a 920!! Is that SIMPLE... More choices, better for us.. Now wait for EOS with 1080p screen and 41mp camera. Also, will have a aluminium body..

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
1. If EOS was released, people with 920 will be complaining that they are outdated and blame Nokia...

2. Why? Is a solid phone and if you don't like it, you can buy a 920!! Is that SIMPLE... More choices, better for us.. Now wait for EOS with 1080p screen and 41mp camera. Also, will have a aluminium body..
Let me explain myself.
1. EOS is a niche product. It lives in a secparate niche from the 920.
2. I meant feature-wise. Otherwise, it's a fine 92x replacement. That and it competes more with the 820 at its price point.

EDIT TIME!! Replacement is supposed to be variant.
Thank you for seeing me turn into a 9!

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Let me explain myself.
1. EOS is a niche product. It lives in a secparate niche from the 920.
2. I meant feature-wise. Otherwise, it's a fine 92x replacement. That and it competes more with the 820 at its price point.

1st error, the 925 is not a 920 replacement.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm disappointed because Nokia wasn't in a position to launch the 920, 928 and 925 at WP8. That had to do more with WP's clout in the market more than anything else. I hope the 928 and 925 sell well. Especially as a T-Mobile user, the 925 needs to fare better than the 8X & 810 did...or it will get killed off too...

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not disappointed with the phone, exactly. It's more a case of Nokia hyping up the event as something massive just for some software improvements and a 920 variant.

There's nothing wrong with the phone (well, apart from the measly 16GB storage, lack of MicroSD, MicroUSB on the top, and ugly covers but they're no deal-breakers for some people) but to build up such an event around it made people expect there to be more to it than one phone.

The 928 was just released with some nice videos and a press release and people were fine with that, if they'd done the same with the 925 people would have been fine with that too because it's just an incremental upgrade.

Nokia didn't manage peoples expectations, they blew it all out of proportion and so people (rightly) assumed there must be something brand new and exciting going to be announced. When there wasn't that bred disappointment and bad press which could have easily been avoided.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Look, a lot of people in the Windows Phone circle are going to apologise for these devices. Fine, whatever. Technology sites at large agree that they are simply not good enough after a wait of six months. They agree Nokia has too many products and in particular, derivatives of products. Even Windows Phone followers realise it fell unbelievably short of its hype. I don't see what good this did for Nokia and Windows Phone. It showed Microsoft still has nothing meaningful to show after a feature-incomplete release six months ago, and spilled Nokia's design direction on an underwhelming device.

If you think the S3 → S4 transition constituted "a few changes", then the 920, 925 & 928 are nothing more than identical triplets.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I think it is because WP users are the most 'whiny' people I have ever come across.

Nothing is EVER good enough. Even if they get what they want, there is always a complaint about x,y, or z. Or it doesn't have a 520 MP camera with diamond encrusted casing..... or 'on Android, it does this'....

Be happy that Nokia are still supporting WP and trying to release hardware. If you don't need it or like it, fine. Just stop moaning about 'lack of features'.
The only unrealistic expectations are in your minds. Not every phone can be a 'flagship' device...

Yeah, Nokia hyped up the event. It's called 'marketing'!!! It got all the mobile phone press there. That was the point. Plus it got these forums talking about the new phones. Again, THAT was the point....

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think it is because WP users are the most 'whiny' people I have ever come across.

Nothing is EVER good enough. Even if they get what they want, there is always a complaint about x,y, or z. Or it doesn't have a 520 MP camera with diamond encrusted casing..... or 'on Android, it does this'....

Be happy that Nokia are still supporting WP and trying to release hardware. If you don't need it or like it, fine. Just stop moaning about 'lack of features'.
The only unrealistic expectations are in your minds. Not every phone can be a 'flagship' device...
This guy gets it.
Though, he does realize that WP is lagging behind in terms of features, right?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Nokia hyped up the event. It's called 'marketing'!!!
Overpromise, underdeliver? Er, don't think that's how it is supposed to go :)

Nothing is EVER good enough.
I don't know about others, but I want Windows Phone to succeed. I see what I believe to be missteps, and am disheartened by them. I never had an intention of buying these devices, so it's not like I'm complaining that they are not made for me. In fact, many of the points I tend to make are more relating to making the platform a truly attractive option for the mass market. Myself? I am enjoying my HTC 8X which I probably won't be replacing until the Q4 2014. I just want WP to be in a good place by then!

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
There will always be complainers. What are comments for nowadays? I think we can all agree on that the 925 doesn't look the same as the 920. That by itself is huge and I like the new design.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
No dissapointment here. Nothing to be dissapointed about. I have my 920 for the next 18 months or so and thats, that. Whatever gets released between now and then is moot point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb