So I'm finally sending my 8X (with cracked screen) off for repair tomorrow, found a repair centre that's not HTC that won't take two weeks and charge me loads to get it repaired. They also won't hard reset the phone so I won't lose the six months of app/game data I have.

However...

I have to disable my pin so they can get in and use the phone to make sure it's working etc. after repair. I can easily uninstall most of my apps that don't require anything more than a sign-in to setup, I'll also delete my email accounts etc, no problem.

The issue I have is sending it off with my Microsoft account still attached to it, and therefore access to use my credit card in the app store, and access my main email account/calendar etc.

Anyone know how to disable the account on my phone?

I don't want to reset my phone but I'm also not thrilled about people having access to my account via the phone...

I'm probably just paranoid as the company is legit but still, thought I'd ask! :)

I got my hopes up when I saw the backup feature in WP8 had been updated the other day but it's just photo uploads... The WP team have really let me down not providing a proper backup solution, my iPhone wielding friends are able to backup their phones and restore them to new ones with no problems. Heck, one of my friends is using the same game saves and app data he started on his 3G and now he's on a 5! Grrr...
    05-15-2013 09:02 AM
    It most likely will be replaced. Did they tell you about that possibility?
    05-15-2013 09:56 AM
    It most likely will be replaced. Did they tell you about that possibility?
    It's not HTC, a specific repair company so it won't get replaced, or they didn't mention that possibility to me at least.
    05-15-2013 05:27 PM