Ask about my Lumia 520 Camera Button problem

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
my camera button stopped working properly. it was fine last week and now when i try to capture using the physical camera button, it only uses autofocus(the one with the rectangle) and then i hear a short beep sound and no capture of photo but when i try to capture by tapping the screen, no problem occurs.

my camera button is responsive when i press it but it cannot be used to capture. i tried to restart the phone, also reset my phone(in about menu) but still the same. (is the reset phone in the about menu is the same as the hard reset function by pressing some buttons?):crying:

i know that my camera button is still because of auto focus is still functioning when i try to capture.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
(is the reset phone in the about menu is the same as the hard reset function by pressing some buttons?):crying:

Yes, that is the Hard Reset function. it returns the phone back to factory settings. That is similar to the POWER + VOLUME DOWN + CAMERA reset. Do not do this reset often.

The Soft Reset is just POWER + VOLUME DOWN. That is similar to pulling the battery out of a phone.

i know that my camera button is still because of auto focus is still functioning when i try to capture.

Can you wake up your phone through the camera button? The autofocus happens on a half press of the camera button. On a full press (as FAR as it will go) is when it actually takes the photo. In the same way, your phone will NOT wake up on a half press, only a full press. I would check to see if it is a software or hardware issue by doing the following:

1) Check to make sure you have it turned on (Settings => Swipe left to Applications = > Go down to "Photos + Camera" and checkbox next to "press and hold camera button to wake up the phone")

2) Put the phone to sleep and then press the camera button down as far as it will go and see if the phone wakes up.

If your phone will not wake up, I think it is a hardware issue.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The phone did not wake up. Does it mean that it is hardware"? its been 1week since the,last I used the button it is working properly. I hope that will be a software issue

I'd say it is a hardware issue. Have you tried to pop the back off and see if something is out of whack? Could just have some dust or something in there?

I only have a 920 so I can't take my back off, but here is a video on how to take the back off of a 620.

How To Remove Back Cover and Insert SIM Card On Nokia Lumia 620 HD - YouTube

AlexCuria

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I was just to say about the same as Curtieson,
I had a Lumia 520 for testing 3 days and I also had a problem with the camera button. What it was? Easy, I just removed the back cover and fitted it again making sure it snapped in correctly. Maybe it's not your solution but it's worth a try. ;)

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd say it is a hardware issue. Have you tried to pop the back off and see if something is out of whack? Could just have some dust or something in there?

I only have a 920 so I can't take my back off, but here is a video on how to take the back off of a 620.

How To Remove Back Cover and Insert SIM Card On Nokia Lumia 620 HD - YouTube

i've just tried that also sir curtieson, ive also tried to press the camera button while the cover is out but still it's the same :crying:

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to you guys. I've been in Nokia care center and they test the button. Sometimes its working, sometimes its not so they want my phone to,be left at Nokia care center and will just wait for,them to contact me after itt has,been repaired. I said next time coz I don't have,extra phone to use

Urajpaudel

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought lumia 520 ...but it has same problem...... if u have fixed it plz share it..... how it was solved ? i am so worried ..so please tell me what should i do?

Alex Johnson3

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with the camera button. initially I was freaked out, very disappointed, and was considering returning it. I realized however that it is due to the back plate not being installed correctly. To rule out a hardware or software issue remove the cover and carefully press the small black button. I bet you it will work. mine clicks for a half press (autofocus) but the second half is kind of soft without good feedback. You need to be careful when you fit the back plate on. try and fit the camera edge in first then snap the clips in. if you do like nokia says you may inadvertently push the pusher piece askew and it will not line up with the actual button on the board. This is sort of weak design but we bought a budget phone. don't needlessly return your phone if you don't have too.

joyson rego

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I buy my mobile before 2 days ago. When i press the camera button it dint works so i opened my back panel and clicked the button but only sound will be coming and it dint capturing photos so plz......... Tell me wt no i do.....

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
the back cover also covers the buttons, it the back cover is not installed *exactly* in the right position, the buttons will stick.
learn to take the back cover off with your fingernail and re seat it. this is also usefull to know in case phone hangs and you need to reboot it by taking out the battery

sjithms

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
The phone did not wake up. Does it mean that it is hardware"? its been 1week since the,last I used the button it is working properly. I hope that will be a software issue

I don think its a s/w issue!, am also facing the same problem, I mean exactly the same, auto focus is working but unable to capture, the camera button is a two stage button, first for focus n next to capture. The second function is creating problem. Of course we can launch the camera by pressing the button hard, hard enough to force the button to function. But while taking photos it is not possible to press that hard !!. Its a hard ware issue, so pathetic :) , my N73 is still working as smooth as it was in its first shot, may be after a 10k shots :).

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Has people have stated in thread make sure the camera button are aligned up correctly in the backcover itself.

If that does not work, remove the shell, and to see if hardware problem with button itself, try taking pics without the backcover on it.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I determined that the camera button, on the case, was a bit sticky. I removed the back and jiggled the button for a while. Then, I replaced the back while holding the the phone so that the buttons were facing down, to make sure they were out. So far, it has been fine ever since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss