Windows Phone spotted in non-phone ads

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing more ads recently where a windows phone is used. These are not phone ads, but mainly ads for services that are also available on WP and uses the phone, sometimes alongside other devices, to show this.

For instance, NatWest's 'Pay Your Contacts' ad - Main character uses Lumia 900 to pay people with WP7 and Android devices
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRvniu3Qo0

Autotrader - Guy uses a Lumia 900 to sell car, with buyer searching on Android tablet
The Seller - Auto Trader TV Ad 2013 - YouTube

Not sure if the manufactures pay for their device to be features or if it's the advertising company trying to genuinely show some of the devices their service is available on. Either way it's good to see WP in more mainstream ads possibly attracting a wider audience, don't you think?

Has anyone seen any other ads like this?

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
WTF did I just watch? LOL

The Spanish language ad was alot more brief than that and it showed at least the windows key. Good to see WP alot more prominent now. It's no wonder we're in 3rd place.

The typical one on American TV isn't that long either...that was an extended / "outtake" version made for YouTube. I had the same "haha!! but seriously, they are crazy, get them help" reaction.

You really think ANYONE knows those are Windows Phones besides us insane dedicated followers?

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
If anyone from UK watches 'Hollyoaks' then majority of the cast use Lumia devices with various models. There are also posters placed in scenes such as bus stops etc.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Brazilian sitcoms are also showing off the Lumias.

take a look, it is portuguese, but pictures tell all!!!

Pictures do translate easily, haha.

See, and those are YELLOW...I could certainly understand Nokia chipping in to sponsor those placements! They stand out and are the signature color, the black ones in the commercials just blend in.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing more ads recently where a windows phone is used. These are not phone ads, but mainly ads for services that are also available on WP and uses the phone, sometimes alongside other devices, to show this.

For instance, NatWest's 'Pay Your Contacts' ad - Main character uses Lumia 900 to pay people with WP7 and Android devices
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRvniu3Qo0

Autotrader - Guy uses a Lumia 900 to sell car, with buyer searching on Android tablet
The Seller - Auto Trader TV Ad 2013 - YouTube

Not sure if the manufactures pay for their device to be features or if it's the advertising company trying to genuinely show some of the devices their service is available on. Either way it's good to see WP in more mainstream ads possibly attracting a wider audience, don't you think?

Has anyone seen any other ads like this?

It's a 920 in the AutoTrader one. 0:08 shows the Windows Phone 8 home button.

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Acronym appears to be a Lumia shop

[video=vimeo;50626032]http://vimeo.com/50626032[/video]

And I doubt they're getting paid for it

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member