As my iPhone got disconnected today, I felt a sense of panic. The way I get a lot of my information changed drastically. I'm trying to hit all of the tutorials and guides to help me get to a good point, but I'm struggling. The biggest thing I care about is custom alerts for different e-mail accounts. I have my work e-mail and my home e-mail on there and I need to be able to ignore one and give attention to the other without constantly glancing at my phone. Is this possible?

The other stuff I can deal with. But this is a big deal for me.
    05-16-2013 02:53 PM
    As my iPhone got disconnected today, I felt a sense of panic. The way I get a lot of my information changed drastically. I'm trying to hit all of the tutorials and guides to help me get to a good point, but I'm struggling. The biggest thing I care about is custom alerts for different e-mail accounts. I have my work e-mail and my home e-mail on there and I need to be able to ignore one and give attention to the other without constantly glancing at my phone. Is this possible?

Custom tones are not possible yet. If you pin the accounts to the start screen, you will see the tile count pertaining to the respective email account.
    05-16-2013 03:02 PM
    Unless you innately had an ability to understand and know without any hesitation every single aspect of iOS when you first got your iPhone, you will find Windows Phone to have approximately the same, if not less of a learning curve of any mobile OS, including iOS. As mentioned before, you have the ability to pin individual Email accounts to your start screen, receive independent email account notifications on your lock screen, and adjust a whole host of other options in Settings and on each respective email account Settings menu on your Windows Phone. There is no cause for concern. It just takes a few days to really begin to settle in. One of my family members recently received his 920 and after owning every iPhone iteration since launch was incredibly skeptical and concerned he would ever be nearly as productive with a Windows Phone over his iPhone. Since then, he has found even better work productivity with the Office suite of applications and better OS integration with LinkedIn and Facebook than iOS on Windows Phone, not to mention with SkyDrive and his Office 365 email where he manages 100+ emails a day. He has finally found that Windows Phone allows you to be more productive while keeping your face out of the device every second of the day. I'd bet you have the potential to do the same.
    eric12341 and James8561 like this.
    05-16-2013 03:28 PM
    I have two e-mail accounts on my phone (home and work). I pin both to the home screen, one on the left and one on the right. In the lock screen settings, I also add both accounts to show the number of new mails for each account on the same side of the lock screen as they are pinned in my home screen. With the phone locked, just press the power button and you will be able to see instantly how many new mails you have in each account. Hope that helps a bit
    05-16-2013 04:18 PM
    As my iPhone got disconnected today, I felt a sense of panic. The way I get a lot of my information changed drastically. ...
    Because there isn't a way to do this currently, I will suggest this workaround:

Set your personal email account to Never check for new messages. If you want to see if there is new mail there, you can open the mailbox and click the sync button. I know it's not elegant, but at least you will not hear the alert and constantly check for your work emails.
    05-16-2013 04:33 PM
    if you're getting that many personal emails, maybe its time to setup some inbox rules and cleanup some of the spam and various mailers and stuff you've signed up for over the years.
    05-16-2013 06:55 PM
    Since then, he has found even better work productivity with the Office suite of applications and better OS integration with LinkedIn and Facebook than iOS on Windows Phone, not to mention with SkyDrive and his Office 365 email where he manages 100+ emails a day. He has finally found that Windows Phone allows you to be more productive while keeping your face out of the device every second of the day. I'd bet you have the potential to do the same.
    I'm hoping this will be the case since I'm making the switch from an iphone4. Good to hear it may work out. I'm sure there will be a learning curve but that is to be expected.
    05-16-2013 07:38 PM