Multiple Mail Accounts

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Then I'm curious what the alternative is. Have the folders already listed taking up half the screen?

I can't really think of an alternative that fits WP design scheme except maybe have them listed directly in the app bar. Or a folder button directly on the app bar.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll give you the folder button on the app bar, but even then the only difference is one press. I hardly think that's a time waster, but to each his own.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You see it as 1 press, but I see it as 1/3rd the time! ;)

Are there 5 buttons in the bottom bar at ANY point in the OS?

So...there are already 4 there...which one do you get rid of?
new, select multiples, refresh or search

personally I'd get rid of the select multiple button, because when I want to select multiple messages I just click to the left of the msg.

Last edited:

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I'm guessing the "email rules to receive each account unduplicated" has to be accessed from a computer?

And I'm not really interested in subscribing to a service. I would like to manage all of this natively, either via my computer or my 928.

From a browser. Login to outlook.com website, go to option manage my account, look for email rules.
You can use outlook.com smtp server if you don't mind the reply to address shows outlook.com or a signature that says send on behalf of .... from outlook.com. If you have gmail account you can use their smtp server. You can also use google smtp server to send your ISP mail, but check if the reply to address is really your ISP email address. I don't think Yahoo allow access their smtp server from a mobile, but I haven't use their mail setting in years. Other online email check their policy on sending email from a phone.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
From a browser. Login to outlook.com website, go to option manage my account, look for email rules.
You can use outlook.com smtp server if you don't mind the reply to address shows outlook.com or a signature that says send on behalf of .... from outlook.com. If you have gmail account you can use their smtp server. You can also use google smtp server to send your ISP mail, but check if the reply to address is really your ISP email address. I don't think Yahoo allow access their smtp server from a mobile, but I haven't use their mail setting in years. Other online email check their policy on sending email from a phone.

Thank you. All of the email accounts I use on my phone are MS email accounts. I think I may have solved the issue.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Are their 5 buttons in the bottom bar at ANY point in the OS?

So...there are already 4 there...which one do you get rid of?
new, select multiples, refresh or search

personally I'd get rid of the select multiple button, because when I want to select multiple messages I just click to the left of the msg.

Yeah select for sure. I do the same as you!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I didn't get it figured out. Emails sent to "xxxxx@live.com" address are still coming into "yyyyy@live.com" address as well. I think this is because "Y" address is an alias of "X".

I would like a separate "yyyy@live.com" email address.

Guess I'll jump on the computer and see what I can figure out.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, figured it out. If you have multiple email addresses and you want seperate inboxes and only want email for that address, you have to create another MS account with that address. You cannot use an alias for receiving specific emails. Well you can, but if you have a tile for each alias, you will the same email on both tiles. Email/s sent to your primary email address will also go to each alias.

Example, I have a personal email address, a business email address and a Cub Scout email address; all MS accounts. In order to keep my emails seperate, I had to create a totally new MS account using the email address I created for the business and will have to do the same for Cub Scouts.

Now if I get an email that was sent to my personal email address, it no longer shows up in my business email account.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
For RECEIVING mail an outlook.com alias is good enough. On the phone you just create the main account, go to folders, for each alias folder you tell it to sync that folder too and pin it on start screen. Make sure the alias folder is under the main account inbox (a subfolder or Inbox), because WP8 email client do not allow Not Syncing the Inbox.

The tricky part is for SENDING mail from an alias account. Oulook.com don't allow sending with an alias address, so your recipient will always see your main account address on the From address. Which defeats the purpose of an alias altogether. Hence an smtp service which will allow the From and/or Reply to field is from your alias account. Then you can create the aliases account on your phone, making sure you put the aliases sync as MANUAL (don't ever sync those inboxes, you only need the send part). Oh, you also lose the reply capability, since you have to make a NEW EMAIL to reply (to get the From and reply to fields as your aliases address). *sarcasm alert* Aren't MS aliases wonderful?
The easiest thing for outlook.com is create a separate account, don't use aliases. Spare the headaches.

Sent from my RM-885_apac_indonesia_217 using Tapatalk

Ogmodon

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Take your iPhone hat off and your silo'd experience and THROW it away.

To switch between different accounts, you click on the different Live Tiles. What I would do is rename all your emails like #Yahoo and #Outlook. So that way if you do not want to pin them to your start screen, to switch you just tap the Windows key, swipe right and they are all listed right there.
Wow that sucks....more than a two dollar ***** when the fleet is in town to be honest. I just picked up a windows phone and am not impressed yet...so far the android phone and iPhone in my pocket are doing a better job. Going to give it some time and see if the phone is a viable solution although so far it is not looking to be although it could also be an id10t error on the users end.

Here are some features that I am missing perhaps some of the smarter windows phone users will have an solution.

1) No ability to passcode certain apps.

2) No e-mail program like K9 that can show multiple e-mail accounts under one app in a nicely organized way

3) No ability to remotely lock the device and more importantly wipe it.

4) Not able to use a google calendar as the default calendar.

Was also hoping that the windows phone when plugged into a computer would take settings such as the e-mail settings and from outlook 2013.

Melissa Jones3

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I am curious how you did this- I currently have 3 gmail account tiles on my start screen and cannot figure out how to rename them so I know which is works, personal, etc... they just come up Google Mail 1, 2, or 3. Can you enlighten me? I have a lumina 635

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I am curious how you did this- I currently have 3 gmail account tiles on my start screen and cannot figure out how to rename them so I know which is works, personal, etc... they just come up Google Mail 1, 2, or 3. Can you enlighten me? I have a lumina 635

You go to Settings then "email+accounts". Pick which one you want and you can rename them there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750