Nokia must update counter for wp8 not funny anymore

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't understand why Microsoft couldn't have just made a simple app (not datasense) and data sense would still be premium anyway im talking about Nokias counters

I read somewhere tht they won't bring it to wp8 true or not ?? And why is not so hard for third party developers to make a monitor app is it actually allowed ?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've emailed to stephen.elop@nokia.com, the response was pretty simple -

"Thanks – yes we are aware that some carriers are not supporting this. We are working hard to broaden its applicability."

No Counters app, just a try to get DataSense everywhere - people like me with prepaid carriers never gonna have it. I'll try it again, so should you! write him!

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely. I was looking for a data counter app that actually tells me which app is consuming how much data. would help me in deciding to allow them in background task. Apparently nothing exists and being a developer , I thought to develop it myself. Looked up some resources and came to know that it might not be possible for third party dev. Will try again later after sometime

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. I was looking for a data counter app that actually tells me which app is consuming how much data. would help me in deciding to allow them in background task. Apparently nothing exists and being a developer , I thought to develop it myself. Looked up some resources and came to know that it might not be possible for third party dev. Will try again later after sometime
you're right, not possible.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's funny. I don't like android , but being a developer , I develop a lot of apps on it. The only thing about android that can seem good is that it allows a lot of access to features. If MS can't develop these apps , they should atleast give us access to develop them :)

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's funny. I don't like android , but being a developer , I develop a lot of apps on it. The only thing about android that can seem good is that it allows a lot of access to features. If MS can't develop these apps , they should atleast give us access to develop them :)

TTotally agree with you

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft said DataSense is coming to more carriers. That could mean one, it could mean almost all. Even if it is the latter, that's still not good enough. DataSense's data usage monitoring has no reason to be carrier-controlled. Most people want that part, and couldn't care less about the data compression feature.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft said DataSense is coming to more carriers. That could mean one, it could mean almost all. Even if it is the latter, that's still not good enough. DataSense's data usage monitoring has no reason to be carrier-controlled. Most people want that part, and couldn't care less about the data compression feature.

I am sure i read before WP8 even launched, that Datasense wasn't just an app on the phone, it was a complete solution from carrier to phone. Not just data control, data compression, everything.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about others but Lumia 820 in India does have datasense preloaded and I checked, it works on all 3 major carriers and also works with docomo and reliance. I don't think it's on carriers whether to support it or not.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
sure it is. Whether datasense is installed or not depends on the ROM, and your provider seems to install it. But tons of carriers don't even have their own versions, and the worst: unbranded phones can't get datasense (atm)

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I am sure i read before WP8 even launched, that Datasense wasn't just an app on the phone, it was a complete solution from carrier to phone. Not just data control, data compression, everything.

well then someone must help them with programming cause obviously they don't have a good vision on how to make a data monitor app O.O for everyone >.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about others but Lumia 820 in India does have datasense preloaded and I checked, it works on all 3 major carriers and also works with docomo and reliance. I don't think it's on carriers whether to support it or not.

Oh wow, didnt know that! I thought it was 'MERICA only for now.
Nice to see it expanding!

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
What I don't understand is why was Data Sense not included on unlocked phones? I am in India and I have an unlocked L920 and I am not bound by any contracts with any carriers. I can switch carriers any time I like. So why is it not included for unlocked phones?

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Could you post a screen shot of it? Surprising to find that 820 has it and not 920.

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I checked my brother's 820 and it doesn't have data sense on it. Are you sure your phone has data sense? You may be confusing it with Storage check.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss