Aghhh decent music apps?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have always used xbox music and videos without problems.

I just plug the phone, and drag and drop the mp3s to the music folder of the phone.

Never had a duplicate issue. Maybe it only happens when you use the desktop software to sync??

No. I have tried drag & drop using Windows File Manager, syncing using WMP, removing SD card from phone and copying files directly into music folder from laptop, and the Nokia desktop software sync. While it works for a while, eventually the database will get corrupt.

This happens on two phones - a 720 and a 620 - so it's not phone specific. It also happens with different brand SD cards. The only thing I haven't tried is different sized SD cards - I've only used 32G ones. So perhaps it's an SD card size issue. If it is, going to a smaller card is no solution for me as my music collection wouldn't fit. Going to a larger size card is a bit too expensive at the moment to try as an experiment.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
In Xbox music, the artists, albums, and even songs are listed alphabetically. So yeah, there might be some scrolling involved, but everything is listed. You can make a playlist in xbox by using the Add to Now Playing Option. Some other treads explain this and it's not where it should be, but the option is there, albeit not ideal.

When you have a large music collection this is not practical.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
When you have a large music collection this is not practical.

Xbox music synced over 5000 of my 8000+ songs from my Windows 8 computer to my phone. I don't usually search for a specific song, instead, I usually just look for an artist. It may not be like android, but it works.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
No. I have tried drag & drop using Windows File Manager, syncing using WMP, removing SD card from phone and copying files directly into music folder from laptop, and the Nokia desktop software sync. While it works for a while, eventually the database will get corrupt.

This happens on two phones - a 720 and a 620 - so it's not phone specific. It also happens with different brand SD cards. The only thing I haven't tried is different sized SD cards - I've only used 32G ones. So perhaps it's an SD card size issue. If it is, going to a smaller card is no solution for me as my music collection wouldn't fit. Going to a larger size card is a bit too expensive at the moment to try as an experiment.

That sucks.

I use a 8 gb card, but I don't think it's related.

usnberry

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Nokia Music and Tune in radio almost exclusively for my music. I rarely list to any of my old downloads.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

kilgore walleye

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For local music, I don't have any problems with the native xbox music app. scrolling isn't a problem because I'm pretty quick with hitting the highlighted letter, which takes me to all the artists that start with that letter. I also use nokia music and pandora and appreciate the ability to pin stations from each to the start screen. I use gmusic to access all my music that's uploaded to the google cloud. sometimes I need to sign in and out of gmusic, so that's a little annoying. Another app I really appreciate is Mixtapes, which is an app for some online service called 8tracks. People make their own playlists of a bunch of songs and you can listen to them for free with no ads. It's a good way to find new music. All these apps have pretty cool doublewide tile effects so I have them all big on the start screen.

The one thing I wish was on windows phone is turntable.fm. I was really liking that on iphone before i switched. It was a lot of fun

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm new here also, but you must be joking. None of the apps have search or playlist creation. Those are both absolute musts. I'm no android ******, but there are at least 20 apps with these functions in android. IOS also allows this since ios5. What is the deal with this? I just bought a lumia 920.

You can obviously sync playlists, but also, "Add to Now Playing" is essentially the same thing. It creates a playlist for you, of the songs that you want, and you can change when you want to. For any permanent playlists, just sync them. Simple!
As for this duplication problem I haven't yet seen it so I can't say im in the same position.

None of the music apps are perfect, but a lot are very close, and in different ways are better than each other. Nokia Music is my choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99