Hi,
    I am using Nokia Lumia 720, I set up my phone and add my facebook account into people hub. I like the integration however I also got my photos from facebook album into phone. I thought WP8 copy all my facebook photo into phone, but when I don't have internet access I can't open my facebook album from the phone so I assume they don't copy them into my phone. After facebook account added, my other storage starts grow and grow. '
    I never back up any photo into skydrive, the setting always off from the beginning and I checked skydrive from web that I don't have any photo sync or uploaded to skydrive.
    I have been using shrink storage and storage cleanup but I only get around 40MB space from couple of Gigs in other storage. I also have hard reset the phone but other storage keeps growing.
    Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Does Microsoft working on this and try to solve this issue in the next update?
    Thank you
    05-19-2013 07:40 PM
    for your first comment: Windows Phone doesn't download photos to your phone, rather they have to be downloaded when you are viewing them.

The other Storage issue is storage from Apps. Basically email, messaging, phone log and any other apps that take up a lot of memory. I believe Nokia put a fix out for the Lumia 920, but I am unsure if it is available for the 720. You should beable to manage it by going to settings and clicking on Storage check.

If you did a hard reset it would reset your phone back to default and you should have all your memory back.

One test you could do is have your email only keep up to 2 weeks of email on your phone. This might help a little. I would delete any apps that you don't use that take up a lot of memory.
    05-19-2013 07:54 PM
    for your first comment: Windows Phone doesn't download photos to your phone, rather they have to be downloaded when you are viewing them.

The other Storage issue is storage from Apps. Basically email, messaging, phone log and any other apps that take up a lot of memory. I believe Nokia put a fix out for the Lumia 920, but I am unsure if it is available for the 720. You should beable to manage it by going to settings and clicking on Storage check.

If you did a hard reset it would reset your phone back to default and you should have all your memory back.

One test you could do is have your email only keep up to 2 weeks of email on your phone. This might help a little. I would delete any apps that you don't use that take up a lot of memory.
    Hi,
    I have been using storage check but this only clears the temp files, not the other storage. I also have installed Lumia storage check and use my micro sd card to store map but "other storage" keeps growing. All my email sets to last 7 days. I have clean browsing history too.
    05-19-2013 08:24 PM
    The storage check really only tells you where the memory is being used. The other part of the Storage is App Data. I would delete the apps that you do not use that take up a lot of memory. I would also activate uploading to skydive. Just make sure you don't go over your data allotment.
    05-19-2013 08:36 PM
    Lumia Storage checker Beta you can download for all Lumia phones
    05-19-2013 09:00 PM