http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/20/jolla-phone/
    I must say, I like what they did with Sailfish. All the bells and whistles of MeeGo (especially Qt) along with some improvements on how the UI looks.

If you are even remotely interested, jolla.com is the official site.
    As a side note: Jolla pulled off a master stroke with their Qt + Android app compliance. On one hand, if BB10 takes off, you have a barrage of Qt apps ready for porting. If not...you have Android apps.
    Muessig likes this.
    05-20-2013 07:07 AM
    I am watching a video looking through this literally as I type this. It seems like quite a cool OS, a little similar to Android with the grids of icons but I like the way the menus are all slide-to-operate and how it's very gesture based. I suppose there are parallels to Blackberry too. Very clever move, as you say, to be compliant with Android apps and Qt. If it's anything like Blackberry though, I think it might get criticised how you're just getting cheap auto-ports and you aren't getting an app that's tailored to your specific phone or OS like on Windows Phone. I'll be watching this to see how it takes off.
    05-20-2013 07:13 AM
    I am watching a video looking through this literally as I type this. It seems like quite a cool OS, a little similar to Android with the grids of icons but I like the way the menus are all slide-to-operate and how it's very gesture based. I suppose there are parallels to Blackberry too. Very clever move, as you say, to be compliant with Android apps and Qt. If it's anything like Blackberry though, I think it might get criticised how you're just getting cheap auto-ports and you aren't getting an app that's tailored to your specific phone or OS like on Windows Phone. I'll be watching this to see how it takes off.
    Actually, judging by this size of the Symbian and MeeGo fanbase out there, I'd say this phone is already a success. If there's anything I'm going to set as the bar for this OS, it's Tizen.
    Tizen has many parallels with MeeGo. Intel partners with leader in smartphone manufacturing to create a Linux-based OS. Just like MeeGo.

Also, you sound like you haven't seen the massive dev community that's keeping Symbian (and even Maemo/MeeGo) on life support. There will be a massive rush of apps coming from Symbian, coded in Qt. But, the final hurdle will still be those biased blog sites who are against anything Apple and Samsung.
    05-20-2013 07:28 AM
    The phone that I saw was a pretty teal and black color. It was very squareish and looked just like a Lumia, and when I saw a preview of the joomla sailfish OS on YouTube, it was also on a Nokia phone...are they using Nokia and other brands for their phones or is joomla going to manufacture their own phones?
    05-20-2013 07:45 AM
    The phone that I saw was a pretty teal and black color. It was very squareish and looked just like a Lumia, and when I saw a preview of the joomla sailfish OS on YouTube, it was also on a Nokia phone...are they using Nokia and other brands for their phones or is joomla going to manufacture their own phones?
    The phone it was on was the Nokia N950, a developer phone for Nokia employees, and it's Jolla not joomla.

Also, it appears that the phones are made for Jolla (seeing as they have no factories)
    05-20-2013 08:03 AM
    The phone it was on was the Nokia N950, a developer phone for Nokia employees, and it's Jolla not joomla.

Also, it appears that the phones are made for Jolla (seeing as they have no factories)
    I apologize I thought it was called joomla..not familiar with Jolla but I'm always interested in new OS platforms. Anyway thanks.
    05-20-2013 08:13 AM
    I didn't know the history of Jolla. It seems as though it is the finished OS originally created as meego which was created by Nokia. So it makes perfect sense why the phones looked similar to the Lumia. :) Also they are 4.5" screen, 8mp camera. I would love to see one in person.
    05-20-2013 01:22 PM
    I want this because I always wanted an N9 I am aware I can buy one, but this Jolla phone seems better and it will receive more support., I am starting to save in order to buy it..
    05-20-2013 01:45 PM
    Jolla was founded by former Nokia engineers/employees as far as i know. =)
    05-20-2013 02:48 PM
    Maybe they'll create a Sailfish Nation if it becomes popular :)
    06-03-2013 08:02 AM
    This is maybe little bit old topic but I want to share this information for you guys. Here is the nice Jolla discussion forum Jolla | Forum
    01-02-2014 07:31 PM