Going to Vancouver and Victoria. Can anyone suggest a prepaid sim I can use once I cross the border. My 920 is unlocked. I'm thinking voice-only s/b good, but I'm open to data options.

Also, any suggestions on where I can purchase online ahead of my trip? Thanks.
    05-20-2013 11:14 PM
    I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 outright from Rogers ,but I'm using it on Wind Network.I only pay 30/month.Unlimited local talk and text with unlimited data (fair usage policy applies)I'm not sure how much is the limit for data since I'm mainly use wifi.The signal seems pretty good to me in Vancouver area,not sure about Victoria.You can look more on their website about their plans,WIND Mobile | Choose your Phone Plan . I'm not sure about other wireless providers,but I think their pretty good too.This probably the cheapest plan that has unlimited data(fair usage policy applies) compare to the other company.
    05-21-2013 02:14 AM
    Wind Network prices are about the same as Verizon Global Plan which you can turn off and on while visiting many countries. A local sim card is the cheapest but a hassle to find.
    05-21-2013 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm just going to roam with a prepaid T-Mobile sim for 59 cents/minute. Our visit will be short, and calling is really only for an emergency.

I'm also finding that getting a Rogers, Bell, Telus etc. sim pre-trip is more hassle than it's worth for my purposes. Activating it from the U.S. isn't easy (I want voice when crossing the border since I'll be driving and don't want to have to deal w/that after crossing over). Plus using any remaining balance when I return is more cost-effective w/T-Mobile than a Canadian carrier.
    05-21-2013 01:19 PM