Gdr 2 around the corner ? -_-

WPFanboy

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
PLEASE tell me they are already working Gdr 3 wich will bring a notification center !!! I NEED IT TO SWITCH!!! why are BASIC FEATURES still missing? what the ****!!

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Telstra (Australian Carrier) has confirm that Nokia are expected to provide the GDR2 update for testing in mid May and they have also previously advised that testing does not normally take longer than 2 weeks provided no issues are identfiied, it then takes up to 10 business days for Nokia/MSFT to push out the update to the phones once the testing has been signed off by the carrier. Based on this I was hoping we would see the update around mid June.
View attachment 34525
Lumia 920 GDR2/1308 Firmware - Page 2 - Telstra Crowdsupport - 147146

I'm with Optus but Telstra traditionally get updates out very quickly and I'm hoping Optus follow suit. I just left Vodafone coz they are pathetic. I'm STILL waiting for 1308 lol or is it now 1314???

Sari_M

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
The "improves the accuracy of song info and other metadata" part scares me a bit - don't they realize that we don't need any improved metadata forced by MS on our beloved music collection, we need improved metadata options?

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I believe what that refers to is the deletion of duplicate entries for the same song

I hope so...
Anyway, the Xbox Music experience IMHO brings a very bad light on the MS updates policies.
Xbox Music is an app, like many other apps, and most likely the fix for its issues is ready since a while, but we still have to wait with a phone where playing music is almost impossible, because it must be released together with an OS upgrade.
If they actually left some more access to the developer on the data on the microSD, by this time we would probably have a third party app to play music and another one doing wireless sync.
They didn't do that, so MS has to implement themselves all the fixes, and it is doing it with an extremely slow pace.
This is acceptable for new features, NOT for bug fixes of this entity.

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, caldev and cardev are both slated for release in this update, which will help immensely with anyone who needs to work with Google hosted calendars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes