Windows phone 8 battery

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so when I had a Lumia,900 on WP 7.5 the battery was AMAZING! But now that I have a 920 and I have a lot more games and stuff to play my BATTERY SUCKS! If you have battery problems like me, do you want to help me attack microsofts with demands to fix battery issues in the OS? Please and thank you :) lol

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Could you show your usage pattern? If you play a lot of games, you'll end up killing the battery (since the CPU + GPU combo is more power-hungry) and take note that the screen is an 4.5" IPS LCD Puremotion HD+ screen meaning that it drains the battery faster than the AMOLED screen on the 900.

Also, how long does the battery life last?

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Could you show your usage pattern? If you play a lot of games, you'll end up killing the battery (since the CPU + GPU combo is more power-hungry) and take note that the screen is an 4.5" IPS LCD Puremotion HD+ screen meaning that it drains the battery faster than the AMOLED screen on the 900.

Also, how long does the battery life last?
I do not play ANY games, because that absolutely kills my battery, and I just check up on my email, browse the web a little, and do some social networking all with battery saver on, and it will die in about 6 hours, without battery saver it would die in 3 hours, and Microsoft already said this was an OS problem

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Do people not check their background tasks, and disable stuff they don't use?

I have the bare minimum enabled, and easily get 2 days to a charge, used to be 3 days before i turned on the keep wifi enabled when screen off.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Do people not check their background tasks, and disable stuff they don't use?

I have the bare minimum enabled, and easily get 2 days to a charge, used to be 3 days before i turned on the keep wifi enabled when screen off.

I keep it on battery saver all day! And I have only 2 background tasks on! And a smartphone shouldn't have to make me turn off background tasks especially windows phone with the live tiles and lock screen!

pillswoj

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Its not an OS problem, I routinely get over 24 hrs with moderate use on my Ativ S. If I start playing games it sucks but that is to be expected.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
How new is your phone? I found the first few weeks my battery was HORRIBLE too...but as the days pass, it seems to be getting better over time with each charge,.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
How new is your phone? I found the first few weeks my battery was HORRIBLE too...but as the days pass, it seems to be getting better over time with each charge,.
my phone is about three months old and I replaced it before and it still had sucky battery

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
my phone is about three months old and I replaced it before and it still had sucky battery

I don't think this is an OS issue. The 920 has a stunning screen. Unfortunately stunning screens often have stunning power requirements. Even with battery saver on, having the screen lit up for long periods will drain considerable power. Also, games are often CPU/GPU intensive. These processors draw more power when under load. So if you're playing lots of games for hours at a time, your battery will drain fast. It's the trade off for having powerful hardware and gorgeous screens.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this is an OS issue. The 920 has a stunning screen. Unfortunately stunning screens often have stunning power requirements. Even with battery saver on, having the screen lit up for long periods will drain considerable power. Also, games are often CPU/GPU intensive. These processors draw more power when under load. So if you're playing lots of games for hours at a time, your battery will drain fast. It's the trade off for having powerful hardware and gorgeous screens.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm so sad now that there is no solution for this because I want to have my brightness on full blast to show off to everyone the awesomeness that is Nokia and windows phone! But why does the iPhone5 not drain battery as much even on high brightness (I keep mine on low) and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere its an OS problem here let me check

Nixxor

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery last for more than a day on most days, despite me having wifi on 24/7 and location services. My biggest problem is video calls with Skype. After about one hour it has gone from 100% to almost 0%. Funny thing is, even tho i plug the charger in and the charger is connected to the wall-socket my 920 still dies during a Skype video call. That is an insane amount of power needed according to me.

I have read tons of forum posts about the 920?s battery problems and something seems off for sure.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I do not play ANY games, because that absolutely kills my battery, and I just check up on my email, browse the web a little, and do some social networking all with battery saver on, and it will die in about 6 hours, without battery saver it would die in 3 hours, and Microsoft already said this was an OS problem

If you don't play any games then you should uninstall them as they are taking up memory. If you are using the light them you should switch to the dark them it will save battery life. There are many tips for increasing the battery life. MS has some on the www.windowsphone.com site and there are some in the 920 forum sticky's

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This is most definitely not an OS issue, battery saver on my ATIV S shows 1 day since last charge with an estimated 1 hour remaining with 14% remaining battery life.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My 822 has generally had good to great battery life, but the last day or so, it started running the battery at a consistent 10%+ per hour. I was stumped and started killing off background processes, checking my signal, and doing other minor tips to no avail. Then I realized that I had gotten Chronos Calendar up and running the other day. Since I also use Simple Calendar, and like it, I decided to uninstall Chronos and the rate dropped below 6% (currently at 3% with a news app running). My best advice is to suspect one of two things causing large battery drains: 1) an app that is not efficient when installed and running background tasks and/or 2) poor signal strength causing constant tower hand shaking. If you have excellent signal strength, then start removing your apps until you find the culprit.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
This is most definitely not an OS issue, battery saver on my ATIV S shows 1 day since last charge with an estimated 1 hour remaining with 14% remaining battery life.

that's not true, that's just the battery saver being dumb that's happened to me in fact it said "estimated time remaining: 2 days 13 hours" in reality it gave me about 5

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
My 822 has generally had good to great battery life, but the last day or so, it started running the battery at a consistent 10%+ per hour. I was stumped and started killing off background processes, checking my signal, and doing other minor tips to no avail. Then I realized that I had gotten Chronos Calendar up and running the other day. Since I also use Simple Calendar, and like it, I decided to uninstall Chronos and the rate dropped below 6% (currently at 3% with a news app running). My best advice is to suspect one of two things causing large battery drains: 1) an app that is not efficient when installed and running background tasks and/or 2) poor signal strength causing constant tower hand shaking. If you have excellent signal strength, then start removing your apps until you find the culprit.
Do you know how to downgrade the signal yo 3G? I'm on at&t

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss