Its kind of serious ... get some important apps in the store

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
may be if microsoft work their *** off atm and convince the developers by money or whatever to design the apps , things would be better. And dont blame it all on the developers. they need motivation too , they need a REASON to dedicate their own time to design an app for WP8
i love WP8 but i always freeze in an argument with an iphone user , because even though he has an iphone 4 whichc isnt even half as strong as lumia 920 , he still got the power of the apps. i never believed what im going to say but apps are eveything , a friggin iphone 3S has all the apps which makes it a competitor to the mighty lumia 920 . what a shame

Ya, the developers need motivation...

Its called market share!!

MS can't pay developers enough to make up for the lack of market share and therefore lack of paying users. Even if they could, what message would that send? Oh, I'll not make an app until MS writes me a big check.

To me the only REAL apps that are missing right now are a few banking and payments apps (like Square).
People act like they can't survive without all these apps. Really? How did they manage before smart phones came out? Hell, before all the apps started showing up just a few years ago? In the words of John Stossel, GIVE ME A BREAK

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
its not a MAJOR problem but its just the fact that when someone asks me " do you have this app ? " i cant give him/her a straight yes but would rather give him "im not sure , ill check " and I understand these apps are useless , i dont like them anyways. but i expect that they would be there because they are everyday trends. For instance, one app is so popular for a month another app is popular for another month.One of the main purposes of having a powerful smartphone is that the smartphone should allow you to keep up with the everyday trends,and in that aspect microsoft is definitely not succeeding.

Hmm ok, fair enough, but i think most people know what they are getting into regards the current App situation if they get a Windows Phone. I do agree Microsoft don't *seem* to be doing enough, or at least not telling us they are.

The App situation doesn't really bother me, and for those it does, perhaps for the moment they should consider another platform.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Let's be real: The market knows that Windows Phone is not "ideal" for niche apps like Snapchat (which will fade out in a few months). The market is for those that want apps, but just the major players. Now, the toss up with that is what is considered major players for some is not the same for others, but I think Netflix, Hulu, Temple Run, Instagram clients, and all the other things that it offers is available.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
People act like they can't survive without all these apps. Really? How did they manage before smart phones came out? Hell, before all the apps started showing up just a few years ago? In the words of John Stossel, GIVE ME A BREAK

I see your point, but the missing apps you speak of ARE available. We can survive without them but we don't have to. You can take this logic as far back as you want. How did they manage without cell phones, Internet, computers, refrigerators, cars... Of course they did, but it's 2013 and it's not necessary to live without them anymore, just like we shouldn't have to live without the apps.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for brining some reality to the these types of threads. I'm tired of hearing how great WP8 is and that we have 'all' we need. No we don't. I wish people would think outside their own personal needs and realise that there's so much more needed besides 'social media' apps.

I am kind of on the opposite side. I use my 920 for business ( I'm an attorney) and for personal use as well. I dont play many games and I dont listen to music and I dont download music. (so I am not the average user IU suppose) but I am tired of the threads that bemoan important apps from ios and android that WP does not have that are games and music players and whatever like that. The ONLY real important thing that android and ios has that I want or need WP to have is an app and hardware from square or paypal with a credit card reader and I have workarounds for that it would just be more easy to have the card reader.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
As someone who has used an OS with a real app problem (I'm talking about Symbian, not WP), here's something I'd like to ask you.

My question is: do you hear Symbian users complain about apps? More often than not, the answer is no. When they bought their phones, they knew what they are getting themselves into.

As a person who just transferred from Symbian I have to disagree with you. I've seen many threads were people moved onto other phones, either Android or Apple after Nokia dropped Symbian cause they killed the ecosystem and app development basically stopped. Even though I thought Symbian had most of what I wanted it lacked a significant amount of apps that I would have liked. What's funny is that I could have sworn at one time it had Instagram...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I am kind of on the opposite side. I use my 920 for business ( I'm an attorney) and for personal use as well. I dont play many games and I dont listen to music and I dont download music. (so I am not the average user IU suppose) but I am tired of the threads that bemoan important apps from ios and android that WP does not have that are games and music players and whatever like that. The ONLY real important thing that android and ios has that I want or need WP to have is an app and hardware from square or paypal with a credit card reader and I have workarounds for that it would just be more easy to have the card reader.

Are you agreeing with me or not? I'm a little confused. Sorry. My point is and will continued to be that we need a variety of apps, not just social, camera and games (though they are important). That's always been my point. If WP wants to compete on all levels then it needs the apps for that. Otherwise it's just another media device. If that's the case (being just a media device) I bought the wrong phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)