Was checking my storage settings this morning and I found that its almost 5GB ( 4.9) tbh and I wondered ... When Microsoft is going to do something about this? And what should I do..?
    It hurts me a little inside to see this waste of space lol :).

And if I did the hard rest thing, will I loose all my data? Contacts and apps?
    05-22-2013 11:43 AM
    Was checking my storage settings this morning and I found that its almost 5GB ( 4.9) tbh and I wondered ... When Microsoft is going to do something about this? And what should I do..?
    It hurts me a little inside to see this waste of space lol :).

And if I did the hard rest thing, will I loose all my data? Contacts and apps?
    What phone and carrier are you on? Check settings/ storage check, Swipe left and clear other storage. It is nokia update with 1308 and 1314 for ATT and Rogers.
    05-22-2013 11:47 AM
    What phone and carrier are you on? Check settings/ storage check, Swipe left and clear other storage. It is nokia update with 1308 and 1314 for ATT and Rogers.
    I got a HTC 8X, unlocked version. And I got the latest software available.
    Brings a point to me that the Storage Check feature should be available for other poor non-Nokia guys in the next update (GDR2).
    05-22-2013 11:51 AM
    I got a HTC 8X, unlocked version. And I got the latest software available.
    Brings a point to me that the Storage Check feature should be available for other poor non-Nokia guys in the next update (GDR2).
    I believe it is attached to GDR2. Or the OS. I have a Nokia, lol. So, I only know about that. Maybe a google search for Storage check for your carrier might bring something up?

And yes, if you do a hard reset, you lose all data. It is a fresh install. A soft reset won't fix the "Other" storage problem.
    Twitter@Firas_MD likes this.
    05-22-2013 11:55 AM