05-28-2013 09:12 PM
33 12
tools
    No Sir ! That only toggles ringer. To toggle the vibrater i need to go into settings.

As far as a feature rich platform goes , WP8 lags behind Andorid and IOS .
    well hell I didn't know you wanted a vibrator I would suggest a specialty store for such things.
    baseballbert likes this.
    05-24-2013 10:59 AM
    well hell I didn't know you wanted a vibrator I would suggest a specialty store for such things.
    lmao ! i walked right into that one didnt I ....
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-24-2013 11:17 AM
    lmao ! i walked right into that one didnt I ....
    haha just a little bit.

I'm curios though as to what else you want the vibrate to silence? If I do the method I prescribe my phone makes no ring or noise unless I open a app which of course has its on controls.
    05-24-2013 12:23 PM
    haha just a little bit.

I'm curios though as to what else you want the vibrate to silence? If I do the method I prescribe my phone makes no ring or noise unless I open a app which of course has its on controls.
    I am talking about the vibrate function specifically. There is no way to quickly toggle between it like there is with the ringer by pressing the volume button.
    05-24-2013 01:30 PM
    How exactly is the platform supposed to move forward if people are so easily going to be offended by listing a few shortcomings......
    True! The problem is that I'm not willing to be a guinea pig. Call me selfish, but I don't want to live with these "shortcomings" if I don't have to. I'll let you guys do that...

I'll come back later when WP is ready for prime time.
    05-24-2013 02:47 PM
    I'll come back later when WP is ready for prime time.
    WP has been around long enough , and should have dealt with these things... .. I think this is what happens when there's a prevalent attitude of justifying what you bought is the best.
    Why should an Iphone user be called a sheep if they want a platform that is mature , tried and tested instead of a platform that has been out there for 3 years and still lacking in some basic functions ?
    tgp likes this.
    05-25-2013 06:46 AM
    WP has been around long enough , and should have dealt with these things... .. I think this is what happens when there's a prevalent attitude of justifying what you bought is the best.
    Why should an Iphone user be called a sheep if they want a platform that is mature , tried and tested instead of a platform that has been out there for 3 years and still lacking in some basic functions ?
    True, its been around a bit, I was using MS back when i was called CE! However, and I know this is going to start a whole other thread, I feel WP8 is a 'new' version of Windows mobile, and as such, with new hardware and new code, its going to take some time to 'get it right'. I knew going into this that there would be a lot of stuff screwed up, stuff that I was used to being standard with Android wouldn't be found at all in WP8. I also knew the market and ecosystem wouldn't be up there either, but thats not what I was looking for. I can easily live without all the customization, ringtones, settings, etc since I have a system that just works, day in - day out, no matter what I ask it to do.

And as for my comment about sheep, it was not meant for anything more than getting this post noticed. My wife isn't a sheep, at least when it comes to her phone. Now, thats not to say I don't know a few sheep out there. I have several who purchased the iPhone because, and I quote our conversation (albeit with some editing liberties), "because its the coolest!", "Oh, did you check out all the features, and stuff?", "No, but come on, its gotta be good, everyone has one!"
    when I hear that, all I can think of is Steve Carrel in Evan Almighty, "SHEEP!".

She just asked me yesterday if I still liked my phone. I told her no, I don't. She looked at me with a deer in the headlight look. I told her I still LOVE my phone!

In fact, we were driving around, and she needed to find some store, so she pulled her phone out, googled it, and before she could map it, mine started to announce directions. She turned to me, said "I got this, put your phone away and drive". Ok, whatever, so I mute it. about a minute later she asked me if I could find it again. She exited the app on accident! I told her, I never stopped, just muted it.

She wont let me use my phone when she is trying to use hers, I think she is afraid to admit that my phone does beat hers in a few categories. My friend Blue wont even let me grab my phone out of my pocket, and yes, he is another iPhoner.

I will just continue to quietly use my phone as they watch!
    05-28-2013 09:42 AM
    Now that I think of it, I actually like some of the so-called shortcomings in WP. Because of them, I'm the only one in my class who's able to access everyone's photos within three taps...
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-28-2013 09:12 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD