Nokia is Windows Phone

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
How could I possibly say that?? I can say that HTC didn't subscribe to carrier exclusive-ness
Lol AKA hasn't done anything for their customers or the Windows Phone ecosystem. It's not that Nokia is doing too much. It's that other manufacturers aren't doing nearly enough.

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
How could I possibly say that?? I can say that HTC didn't subscribe to carrier exclusive-ness
You were replying to a post that says that the Lumia series stands to be more popular than WP8 as a brand.

What does carrier exclusivity have to do with that?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I must digress. Nokia is selling more handsets than any other OEMs. They have more TO sell. However, I got an 810 as a mis-shipped replacement for an 8X, and I promptly sent it back. I was willing to give it a go though. My 8X is just sexy!! As much as a phone could be that is..

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It is an interesting argument, ever since Nokia has gotten onboard. But, where I think we at WP Central may be missing the proverbial forest for all these stinking trees is.... Nokia IS innovating due to competition. We all know the list of goodies... City Lens, Mapping, exclusive camera apps, improving the hardware on screens sensitivity, so on so forth. Is there anyone out there that truly thinks Nokia is doing these things because they are concerned about other WP manufacturers? Or are they doing it in response to the Android dominance, Apple profit margins, and BlackBerry 10? Of COURSE it isn't the other WP devices. Nokia already rules that small pond. But Nokia wants back to being the biggest and best device maker in the world. So, innovation for them will not end if they are the only WP handset manufacturing partner of MS. No worries there. Microsoft was smart to offer whatever they had to to get Nokia as a partner.

Scary thought: Where would we be without them????

Microsoft wants a cross platform, software empire. Honestly, if Nokia could get to 10%-15% of worldwide cell phone sales all by themselves, and I think they surely can with enough time and support from MS along with a little more urgency from Redmond, mission would be accomplished. Nokia made the mistake once about taking advantage of being #1. I think WP would be fine in their hands.

Now, after all that, I sure HOPE HTC and Sammy stay onboard. But, I do not think it is life or death.

Snowmutt! How u doing mate...good to see u! And to echo your thoughts, I wonder if Steve Jobs thought like that. I know te world has changed, with several competitors around u. Forget handsets and OEMs, there is now going to be a fierce competition amongst OS too. There is Jolla, UBUNTU, BBM, iOS, Tizen, Firefox etc etc..
s from Nokia's perspective, they don't need to run ahead of their own race. That they already are. They need to be for WP what Samsung is for Android..I completely agree with u...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)