my camera button is sometimes not working so i decided to use camera 360 which has a screen button to capture images so i don't have to use the camera button. but my question is, are they different in image quality, size etc?

and another question is, is there any free camera lenses does have a screen button to capture except from camera 360? im having a difficulty in using my default by tapping.
    05-23-2013 02:30 AM
    You don't really need to use the camera button to take the picture.

Also, unless the lens alters the photo in any way (i.e. Panorama), there shouldn't be any difference.
    deku13 likes this.
    05-23-2013 03:04 AM
    Unless 3rd party apps update captured image by itself, there are should be no difference. No apps can capture RAW image and then produce final image. All apps are receive what camera produces.
    Usefulness of third party apps in additional controls. For example Lumia 920 give no ability to select resolution, only 16:9 or 4:3, but if you want simple MMS size? Same for HTC 8x, internal camera spp gives no ability to choice scene! But camera supports it! Why they removed it? I don't know. Sometimes vendors behave in mysterious ways.
    05-23-2013 04:25 AM
    As pointed out already you can focus and take a picture by tapping on the screen so the camera button isn't reqired. If you're phone is under warranty I would take it back personally. Though there are people out there who say using the tapping on the screen is better than a button.

Camera 360 is a fliter app, similar to using Instagram, though I think better quality. The pictures are designed to share so they are lower resolution and smaller file size. Pretty much all the lens applications (as far as I know) are lower quality than the built in software but still good quality.
    05-23-2013 04:43 AM