How is your experience with Nokia Maps/Drive ?

slur88

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I recently got my 928 and am loving it. The difference between available apps on htc and nokia is night and day.

That said, i have a 45+ min drive to work, and have eagerly been awaiting my nokia maps/drive so that i can use real time traffic updates to plan my best route.

This morning was my first attempt, nokia plotted the same route i usually take, which i believe is the most efficient, however it predicted a 23 min travel time, which ended up being 44min as usual.

Do the maps take traffic conditions into account during estimation? 23 min i think is an absolute best case with no traffic, and i plotted the route right during rush hour.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently got my 928 and am loving it. The difference between available apps on htc and nokia is night and day.

That said, i have a 45+ min drive to work, and have eagerly been awaiting my nokia maps/drive so that i can use real time traffic updates to plan my best route.

This morning was my first attempt, nokia plotted the same route i usually take, which i believe is the most efficient, however it predicted a 23 min travel time, which ended up being 44min as usual.

Do the maps take traffic conditions into account during estimation? 23 min i think is an absolute best case with no traffic, and i plotted the route right during rush hour.

Where are you located? I don't think WP8/Here maps have traffic for all countries.

matt21484

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I find the live traffic updates are awful if they even exist at all. I check my route at multiple times through the day when I know the "usual" traffic patterns and according to the app, I am taking the same route regardless. I have two routes I can take that vary depending on traffic. Route 1 is shorter/quicker if there is light to no traffic compared to route 2. But Route 2 is quicker when there is heavy traffic on route 1. Nokia Here/Maps always guides me onto route 1. I've found that the best workaround is to use Here Maps and look at the traffic data for every route that you know and try to figure out what is going to be fastes (IE avoid red highways). Needless to say, I'm sooo looking forward to the Waze release
EDIT: forgot to mention, I live in southern IL, and travel to St. Louis, MO for work.

myselfdotcom

May 23, 2013
Visit site
All the traffic fed information are coming from either DOT or traffic.com that owned a lot detectors on the road way. So, sometimes it has nothing to do with Nokia map, just the data. Garbage in garbage out data.

TDSCHAWE

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Love my new 928. A little confused with the Here maps and Nokia drive. I would like to create / manage Here maps on my PC and then use them on my phone (like I did with Google maps and my droid). When I try to "sign in" while in Here maps on my phone it just says "connecting" and never does. When I try to setup a Nokia account on the phone I get the same thing. Can I do what I am trying?
Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa