About Live Tiles...

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello, folks!

I realized that Live Tiles for apps like Music+Video, People hub and Games hub are a lot more dynamic than other apps' Live Tiles which just flip and show text.
Also, the messaging and phone apps show the text, but not flipping like WhatsApp for example.

Is that a Windows Phone 7 API restriction? Is there a way to make apps like Film Closet, for example, have the same dynamic text like the Music+Video app?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, we devs are restricted to three types tiles in wp8 (which frustrating if u ask me). IN Wp7 it was only flip tiles. Since you are developing an app here are a few links that can help

Tiles for Windows Phone 8

Adding Windows Phone 8 and 7.8 Tile functionality to Windows Phone OS 7.1 apps

HOwever with some really clever tweaking you can get a lot more out of the tiles. For example apps like TV Show, Metrotube have different styles.

You can customize it once you understand how the Tiles work :)

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello, folks!

I realized that Live Tiles for apps like Music+Video, People hub and Games hub are a lot more dynamic than other apps' Live Tiles which just flip and show text.
Also, the messaging and phone apps show the text, but not flipping like WhatsApp for example.

Is that a Windows Phone 7 API restriction? Is there a way to make apps like Film Closet, for example, have the same dynamic text like the Music+Video app?

Heya, yea as mentioned, devs are really limited with what they can do re live tiles, also we can only update the live tiles when you run the app, or from a background agent which runs approximately every 30 minutes.........I like to call them "not so live tiles" it is really lame!

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just read Guidelines for Live tiles on Windows Phone 8 and 7.8 lacks of Iconic (Messaging app preview) and Cycle (up to 9 images showing in a tile) tiles, which is actually a lame...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea