Just brought a Nokia Lumia 520, seemed like a good choice some cpu/gpu/ram as the 720, bigger screen than the 620, would have got the 620 if it was a 4" screen.

I use a smartphone for these reasons.

Text: Nokia 520/Windows Phone does this well.

Calling: Nokia 520/Windows Phone does this well.

Email: Nokia 520/Windows Phone does this well.

Reading articles/browsing the web: Frustrating.

Internet Explorer doesn't display a large number of pages correctly.

When a website has a menu (links) to swipe through instead of swiping to the next one it both swipes and opens the link, every time. m.IMDB.com for example.

What can I do about this?

Music: Frustrating.

The volume button on the 520 seems very cheap, it's just a loose bit of plastic on the case it's self, is this normal?

I'm currently a premium member of Spotify, the Windows Phone Spotify app forgets when settings are changed, when I try to stream in high quality it always goes back to normal (which sounds pretty bad). There's also no "extreme" quality option.

Xbox Music Pass, this just seems like a really poorly made app, I've signed up for the premium streaming (as a Spotify alternative). But to get to it I need to click on store\then music, type in the artist I want, and once the music starts, i need to constantly click the "..." button the "more in store" button to change songs within the album, the list it's self doesn't even show you which song is playing, you need press the "<-" button to see the title. And on top of all that instead of the nice clean background there's a picture of the artist, but the picture is stretched and blurred and looks horrible, very off putting.

Also is the a way of seeing the "status bar" type info without pressing the volume button?

Please help me, I'm tempted to go back to Android but really don't want too.
    05-24-2013 03:34 AM
    Xbox Music Pass - GDR2 will fix most of it. Some niggles are known and well discussed in the forum. Try Xbox Music forum for deeper info.

IE - Use UCBrowser

General - eat chocolates or get some help. ;)
    05-24-2013 05:53 AM
    UC Browser also opens links while swiping.

Is there a way to totally turn off background photos in the Xbox music store?

Cheers, for your' response
    05-24-2013 06:33 AM
    UC Browser also opens links while swiping.

Is there a way to totally turn off background photos in the Xbox music store?

Cheers, for your' response
    Turn off Xbox Music sync from settings ->> music and video
    05-25-2013 02:44 PM
    Turn off Xbox Music sync from settings ->> music and video
    I'm not given a "sync" setting to toggle. I un-ticked everything under "music+video" but still get get blurry stretched images in the music store (using paid Xbox Music Pass, streaming).
    05-27-2013 06:12 PM
    ^520 is the cheapest wp8 device pal, its obvious that they'll provide you with extremely basic/low quality things in terms of hardware. The target market was people looking to get a taste of wp8 without having to blow up their wallet.

I don't use spotify/Xbox music pass so am not able to comment on it.

Also is the a way of seeing the "status bar" type info without pressing the volume button? - I don't get this?
    05-28-2013 04:05 AM
    ^520 is the cheapest wp8 device pal, its obvious that they'll provide you with extremely basic/low quality things in terms of hardware. The target market was people looking to get a taste of wp8 without having to blow up their wallet.

I don't use spotify/Xbox music pass so am not able to comment on it.

Also is the a way of seeing the "status bar" type info without pressing the volume button? - I don't get this?
    I have no issues with the performance of the 520, it's fast and has a nice screen, the only issue specific to the 520 (not the OS) is the stiff volume button. That being said I do have several issues with the OS of course.

When you press the volume button notifications drop down from the top (just the volume and whether it's on vibrate if no music is playing) what I was asking is is there another way of viewing this, ie. on Android you swipe down from the top.
    05-28-2013 05:02 AM
    I have no issues with the performance of the 520, it's fast and has a nice screen, the only issue specific to the 520 (not the OS) is the stiff volume button. That being said I do have several issues with the OS of course.

When you press the volume button notifications drop down from the top (just the volume and whether it's on vibrate if no music is playing) what I was asking is is there another way of viewing this, ie. on Android you swipe down from the top.
    If you want to see if your phone is on vibrate or ring + vibrate, just glide your finder from the top of the screen to a few cms. to the bottom and it'll show you battery, wifi, vibrate sign, signal & data :).
    If you want to check the volume level, I don't know of any other way apart from clicking the volume button.
    Do check my wallpaper thread, link in current signature, I have some bad a** wallpapers there.
    I hope it helps.
    05-28-2013 05:07 AM
    Cheers, yeah was hoping WP8 I could just use the screen to bring up the option to skip tracks etc. Oh well. Ya wallpaper thread is pretty sweet cheers for that.
    05-28-2013 05:26 AM
    Cheers, yeah was hoping WP8 I could just use the screen to bring up the option to skip tracks etc. Oh well. Ya wallpaper thread is pretty sweet cheers for that.
    Now I don't get that?
    05-28-2013 05:31 AM
    Now I don't get that?
    If your playing an audio track (Xbox Music Store, local MP3, Spotify etc.) and you press the volume button a menu drops down from the top which displays the volume level, and pause and skip buttons.
    05-28-2013 05:48 AM
    Yep, if your phone's screen is off, hit the power button and you can do the same thing as the same menu appears on the lock screen :).
    05-28-2013 05:54 AM