YouTube App

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Well i for one never saw this coming... Google and Microsoft actually working together? Amazing.

Microsoft and Google make amends, will co-develop a YouTube app for Windows Phone

Whatever you do, DON'T UPDATE!!! Unless they break the current one, and we'll have no choice. :/

From The Verge:
Microsoft, for its part, has said that it's happy to include ads in its YouTube Windows Phone application if Google allows it and provides access to an official API. The Verge understands that Microsoft will have to use a publicly available iframe embed API, meaning its updated application will likely lose a lot of functionality.

Last edited:

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
From the sound of it and what Im reading, it sounds like its going to suck. Tom Warren says it has to use the iframe embed API. I hate Google. The app was absolutely excellent the way it was. Now that they are going to work with Google on it, its going to get worse.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
From the sound of it and what Im reading, it sounds like its going to suck. Tom Warren says it has to use the iframe embed API. I hate Google. The app was absolutely excellent the way it was. Now that they are going to work with Google on it, its going to get worse.

Ya that's no good... iframe is old school.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
He is saying its basically going to be a web app. So MS now working with Google are going to dumb down their app? The app as it stands now, is absolutely excellent. Dare I say its way better than Androids youtube app even. So in order to make Google happy, MS has to make their app a piece of trash? I hope this isnt true.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
at least it will be official... now lets get an official Facebook app

ohh, and yeah, do not uninstall your current Youtube app. as is no longer available... (thats the one thing I like about android/ios - sideloading apps)

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
at least it will be official... now lets get an official Facebook app

ohh, and yeah, do not uninstall your current Youtube app. as is no longer available... (thats the one thing I like about android/ios - sideloading apps)

That depends on what official will mean for us? Will it mean a dumbed down app? If it ends up being worse than the excellent one MS made, then we lose.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The iframe could be in a webbrowser control that is simply part of a richer regular xaml page, i.e., with a real Metro UI all around the video.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
He is saying its basically going to be a web app. So MS now working with Google are going to dumb down their app? The app as it stands now, is absolutely excellent. Dare I say its way better than Androids youtube app even. So in order to make Google happy, MS has to make their app a piece of trash? I hope this isnt true.
i think it will be more than just a web app. I'm hoping that Google will release it under their name rather than MS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire