Anyone considering downgrading back to WP7, sticking it out for a while and moving on?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I complained about the Zune software and now it's gone.... Karma

biggest issue for me is the damn device eating up memory... which again is karma because I kept saying "16gb is enough space"

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
tired of hearing the same things over and over. nobody here knows what the hell Microsoft is doing behind closed doors. if anything I believe changing to the NT kernel has pushed everything back.

Nobody knows how many problems they incurred or what is preventing then from moving faster. Windows phone is more complete and featured than anything that has had the same amount of time. God, if you can't stand the missing features, bugs, or whatever everyone is happy to leave. These posts are better suited towards Microsoft support and the suggestion site. You're wasting breath here.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
tired of hearing the same things over and over. nobody here knows what the hell Microsoft is doing behind closed doors. if anything I believe changing to the NT kernel has pushed everything back.

Nobody knows how many problems they incurred or what is preventing then from moving faster. Windows phone is more complete and featured than anything that has had the same amount of time. God, if you can't stand the missing features, bugs, or whatever everyone is happy to leave. These posts are better suited towards Microsoft support and the suggestion site. You're wasting breath here.

The post is about if anyone is considering moving back to WP7.x. I don't care *why* WP8 is the way it is and whether or not Microsoft has accomplished more or less than anyone else in a specific timeframe. It doesn't meet my needs and so I have stuck with WP7.8 and will re-evaluate after GDR2. I simply listed some of the reasons behind my decision to help the OP and you go and throw a hissy fit.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
If your so tired of reading threads like this, why even open and comment on it?

microsofts lack of transparency on where they are going with is platform IS THE PROBLEM! Most of us here (including myself) love the platform. We can see how it can be great. But, its the little nitpicky things that are holding it back. We ***** and moan about those things BECAUSE WE CARE. We want it to be better. They have had six months to fix stuff we have been complaining about. Where is the notification center they admitted to working on? Why is there still only one volume setting? How hard can this stuff be to encode?

Microsoft just needs to come out and say what they are working on. Let us know they are working to fix Xbox music, notifications, and apps. How hard would that be? I feel like I got shafted. I was promised 3 screens and the cloud. Right now I can barely make a playlist on my phone and I can't even watch any videos I bought on Xbox on my phone. So much for progress, Microsoft even supports iTunes to sync your stuff. How nuts is that? Can you imagine Apple recomending Media Player to sync your iPod?

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Ive been with wp7 since 2010 with a HTC HD7. If my wifi didn't stop working I'd probably still be using that. I picked up a Nokia 521 last week and it was nice to be able to migrate to WP8 with most of my settings and apps intact. Jumping from 7.8 to 8.0 I do see SOME subtle changes. And it sounds like MS will fix a lot of the bugs. If I remember reading somewhere MS pushed out WP8 before it was completed. Now that we have the hardware we want coming out, we just need ms to bring WP8 up to par with the hardware. And fix the media bugs and the other storage bug. So if Microsoft fixes the storage, media bugs, and added a notification center would we all finally be happy? Considering how little has changed on the surface with the os from 7.8 to 8.0, why really go back to 7.8? And considering most developers and MS are moving on to wp8 anyways, sooner or later we might *have* to move too.

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Before I bought my 8X, I looked at WP8 and wondered whether it was really much of an improvement. I now have 8GB of other storage on a 16GB phone, occasional weirdness such as lag in the Store, podcatchers are still a mess with all current clients being far from perfect, and I haven't even bothered syncing music across with all the bad experiences with it. Still, there's no way I'd switch back. I can't give up the hardware and software improvements, which might not seem like much on paper but do make a difference.

BTA73

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a brand new 710 that I recently purchased for $169.99 at ptelphonestore.com for use on Platinum Tel (T-Mobile MVNO). This is a great deal if you aren't a heavy phone user because they only charge 5 cents per minute, 2 cents per text, and 10 cents per MB (not rounded). I can usually get by with $10 dollars pre-paid per month. This phone is perfect for me because I mostly use it for SMS and navigation. A 3 hour road trip did not use more than a dollars worth of data. I have owned an HTC Trophy, a Lumia 900, and now my 710. It is great to have a Windows Phone without having to pay for a data plan. The only negative is no 7.8 support. But since I don't know what I am missing with 7.8 I don't worry much about it.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
A 3 hour road trip did not use more than a dollars worth of data.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! A 3 hour road trip should use ZERO dollars worth of data! Using Nokia Drive you can download the maps of entire countries. Once you've done that you don't need an internet connection at all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss