What do you think is the best way to listen to your music?

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about giving X-(box) Music another go, but I'm really picky on how to access my songs: via folder hierarchy. I haven't used playlists since the iOS days, and that was in 2007, likewise when I was younger, I always had an MP3 CD player at hand: navigated to the songs by folder as well. Making playlists is just a pain, and going by artist/album/song is even worse.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Since my library is more or less video game music, it's actually really difficult to classify them (other than by game, of course).

So, I'm forced to classify by album or playlist (album is a pain, because the soundtracks frequently spill over to two or three, even four discs; playlists are difficult to pull of in WMP)

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have xbox music and really like it. I don't use playlists but I have a lot of music and with Windows 8 and xbox, it syncs a lot of my music to the cloud. I usually stream that to my phone, but I do put some on my phone to have if a connection is slow. But, with xbox music, your lists are by artist, album, song or genre. There is an app called SkyMusic that plays music from your skydrive and may play from folders.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about giving X-(box) Music another go, but I'm really picky on how to access my songs: via folder hierarchy. I haven't used playlists since the iOS days, and that was in 2007, likewise when I was younger, I always had an MP3 CD player at hand: navigated to the songs by folder as well. Making playlists is just a pain, and going by artist/album/song is even worse.

Before you start loading lots of music onto your phone, be aware of this issue. It's made Xbox M+V unusable for me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/205464-duplicate-songs-when-sd-card.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/212442-duplicated-song-tracks-windows-8-phone.html

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Install mediamonkey on your pc/laptop, load up your library.
What I do is load 10k+ songs (Yeah I know its too much :'( ), then I randomly listen to songs, jump time and rate them as per my linking and load the songs with top ratings into my phone.
That way, my pc and phone stay organized and I listen to only what I like and not some random sounds lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss