Limited edition Nokia phones on Verizon Wireless for father's day

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that this is being held not only for the AWS LTE activation, but also the Halo Spartan Assault release. You can pick your team, Red vs. Blue with both red and cyan 928's being released.

This was dead on. I bet it was actually planned this way at some point. They didn't make it part of the official announcement yet. So it could still happen. But I have my doubts. Exclusivity leaves the door open!

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Halo-Spartan-Assault-for-WP8-coming-first-to-Verizon-for-6.99_id45255

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There is an update for 3 Nokia devices to be release on or around 8/4 but Verizon currently has only two Nokia devices so yeah...

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
There is an update for 3 Nokia devices to be release on or around 8/4 but Verizon currently has only two Nokia devices so yeah...

So, it seems that you are implying that if I have been paitent this long and not gotten a 928, I should wait another 3 weeks or so.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Sweet! I'm a little confused. Are you saying that:

A.) there's a software update (Amber) to be released to three VZW Nokia devices on or around 8/4?

Or

B.) There's an update in your internal system that there will be 3 Nokia models released on or around 8/4?

I think I'm having a hard time understanding in the midst of excitement. :)

Last edited:

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

A.) there's a software update (Amber) to be released to three VZW Nokia devices on or around 8/4?

Or

B.) There's an update in your internal system that there will be 3 Nokia models released on or around 8/4?

Pretty sure it's A. he's saying there's an update for 3 devices, but vzw on carries two. So "new" phone along with I assume GDr2

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Haha, thanks TC! That said, we'd love more details. :)

I'm thinking option A. If they are getting a new phone maybe it's for the prepaid side, like a 528.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Or

Amber aside, my read is that he is probably saying we are getting a Red L928 and Cyan L928 and L822.

7thGear

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Haha, thanks TC! That said, we'd love more details. :)

I'm thinking option A. If they are getting a new phone maybe it's for the prepaid side, like a 528.

I was thinking it's probably going to be a 528 as well. Verizon already has high end (928) and middle end (822) covered - all they need now is something on the low end, and a variant of the 520 would fit perfectly.

That said, my hopes are still let down with no new updates on a cyan 928 :(

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Amber aside, my read is that he is probably saying we are getting a Red L928 and Cyan L928 and L822.

Might just be a case of hearing what we want to hear :/. I think what TC saw was most likely an error in the system. There's no new Lumia coming to VZW in the next three weeks, low range or high.

And I don't think it's possible to interpret his post as new colors. Sigh.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Might just be a case of hearing what we want to hear :/. I think what TC saw was most likely an error in the system. There's no new Lumia coming to VZW in the next three weeks, low range or high.

And I don't think it's possible to interpret his post as new colors. Sigh.

I never thought I'd see you give up hope, dude! So dejected!

Someone has to keep the dream alive.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish new colors were out today - I've got to go to the Microsoft Store and replace my phone due to a broken screen. :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs