Limited edition Nokia phones on Verizon Wireless for father's day

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There is an update for 3 Nokia devices to be release on or around 8/4 but Verizon currently has only two Nokia devices so yeah...

IF what TC saw is correct... It's possible we could get a version of the rumored Nokia Lumia 625 on VZW. The fact that it's being referred to as the 625 isn't too promising as we have 22 and 28 but no 25. But the prospect is still pretty exciting!

http://nokiagadgets.com/2013/07/22/lumia-625-press-shot-leaks-4-7-inch-5mp-lte/

The "leaked" spec sheet there lists multiple colors. Of course, Nokia is prone to offer multiple colors, particularly for their mid - low end devices.

IF this is the case, we may end up seeing colors for the 822 and 928 as well! I know it's a stretch, but a stretch is all we have left at this point :|

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling there won't be colors too. Be nice to get the amber update soon, but VZW has the MotoX and HTC One releasing in the next couple of weeks so I doubt they are worried about the 928 colors.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling there won't be colors too. Be nice to get the amber update soon, but VZW has the MotoX and HTC One releasing in the next couple of weeks so I doubt they are worried about the 928 colors.

The idea that the HTC One could come in red gave me some hope that the 928 would also come in colors at the same time. Have they made an announcement on when the HTC One is being released on VZW?

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The idea that the HTC One could come in red gave me some hope that the 928 would also come in colors at the same time. Have they made an announcement on when the HTC One is being released on VZW?

I think I read a rumor somewhere that the launch for the HTC one was delayed until Aug. 15th

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
First off...tcman where are you?

Second...I did an online chat with Verizon last night, and I know that these people can't be trusted to know much. I asked if there was any indication of a red 928 ever being released. He replied that there had been a red one that sold out and that no new stock had ever come in. I questioned this and asked if he meant the 822. He said no the 928, but he did not know when this had happened. Has any one out there ever seen a red 928?

I am likely going to just go but the white one today because I can't wait any longer.

7thGear

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
First off...tcman where are you?

Second...I did an online chat with Verizon last night, and I know that these people can't be trusted to know much. I asked if there was any indication of a red 928 ever being released. He replied that there had been a red one that sold out and that no new stock had ever come in. I questioned this and asked if he meant the 822. He said no the 928, but he did not know when this had happened. Has any one out there ever seen a red 928?

I am likely going to just go but the white one today because I can't wait any longer.

Probably meant the 822 and doesn't know the models, I think we'd know if any new colors came out!

Ron.H

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
There was speculation that the colored versions will come with GDR2 pre-installed. Now that GDR2 is rolling out, I am still holding out hope colored versions may be released in August. But I cannot wait much longer. I need Verizon coverage for a trip.

It has been nice to go without a case with my cyan Lumia 900. So I hope to have color without a case.

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't wait any longer. I picked mine up yesterday at lunch and spent the afternoon and evening setting it up. If a red one comes out in the next month or so, I may give my white one to my wife and get the red one for me.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There was speculation that the colored versions will come with GDR2 pre-installed. Now that GDR2 is rolling out, I am still holding out hope colored versions may be released in August. But I cannot wait much longer. I need Verizon coverage for a trip.

It has been nice to go without a case with my cyan Lumia 900. So I hope to have color without a case.

I'm hoping this is the case as well. It's pretty much the last chance.

I may just end up waiting another few months for the next Lumia to hit VZW with the GDR3 hardware upgrades. I'll likely get a 928 as a work phone if I don't end up getting one as a personal driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo